Roberto Mancini Sacked

weymouthPIE

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Exacly a year to the day that Sergio Aguero scored 'that goal' to ****** the title away from Man Utd, Manchester City have sacked Roberto Mancini.

Despite the fact he won one premier league title and one FA Cup in three years at the club I'm not entirely surprised - nothing surprises me in football anymore. Do think they could have waited till the end of the season though, most City fans I know on Twitter seem to be quite gutted about it.

Yet another example of the lack of loyalty and ruthlessness at the top of the game. It dosen't matter how succesfull you are over a period of time, if you have one bad season or half season you will be sacked. Can see City becoming a bit like Chelsea in that sense.

Strong speculation linking Malaga manager Manuel Pellegrini with the job

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

We didn't need a crystal ball for this news did we!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I suspect there's truth that they've replaced him, absolute radio reported it had happened. (yet) the man in question said he hadn't penned to paper. I can't help but feel if it does happen, they've been very undermining. Man City have no right to consider themselves bigger than football, though the way the club and chairman spend money you would think so.

Horrible what's happening, he didn't deserve the sack but Man City didn't deserve to win the Premier League in my opinion.

Feel sorry for him, though he'll find a 'bigger' club.

Money, Money,Money! Mancini gets a £7,000,000 pay off for 'failure' Speechless. :wacko:

That does seem pretty steep, I think managers should get some money after the club 'sack' rather than part ways but I think it should be based on performances. 7m makes me less sorry for him!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

The more I see and read about goings on at Premiership clubs the more I lose interest.

Cloughie would have been sacked at Derby after his first year and how long would Fergie last nowadays? :unsure:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

Cloughie would have been sacked at Derby after his first year and how long would Fergie last nowadays? :unsure:

It did not start so merrily, my father told me some of our fans wanted him out. This stopped when we won our first trophy, modern football is losing it's credit and managers require instant achievements.

City just want the limelight, Mancini is too good for them!  

It's the same with players and expectations in general.

Managers, coaching staff and players need time to adjust, settle in. There's so much rush created from the Premiership especially, it levels the lower levels desperately wanting to reach higher goals and the word stability is then forgotten. I'm glad we are in a position where we can develop our assets further, with time Chris might be able to prove himself.

Roberto Mancini was always likely to be axed, it's modern football and City haven't really spent money wisely.

Out of the recent managers City have had, he's been a stand out candidate and had them playing better. The next manager will have to look at the squad because there's too many talented individuals and very few team players.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

not really fussed, think its only a matter of time before the backer gets bored.

i dont like mancini either, no real loss.

Archived