Notts County Financial Accounts filed at Co House Fin Year Ending 30Jun21

Piethagoram

No football for some of that year and hardly any fans for the rest means it could have been a lot worse. Would like to see the accounts for all sides in the division to see how others were affected.

Hardy lost us more with supporters money.

I think it could be much worse. myself.

Yet the club should explore other avenues of boosting their income. That indoor tennis thing sounds more of a gamble now though, with the upfront cost and other fees involved. I am unsure how long it will take to turn a profit.

As for the Football Club, I am sure a lot of teams are on worse margins than us.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I think it could be much worse. myself.

Yet the club should explore other avenues of boosting their income. That indoor tennis thing sounds more of a gamble now though, with the upfront cost and other fees involved. I am unsure how long it will take to turn a profit.

As for the Football Club, I am sure a lot of teams are on worse margins than us.

I know one that's a lot worse!!!!!

There is a lot worse but still worrying, nobody in their right mind will keep ploughing in money to watch it disappear.  Football nowadays is a plaything for large organisations, probably fiddling somewhere along the line, if the game doesn't get real regarding wages etc lots of clubs will disappear, leaving the bigger clubs with what they are actually after....closed shop control.

That's huge. Over a normal season we'd probably have gate receipts of around 1.5 million, which would have covered that in part. On the other hand, the club has made money from streaming and has received financial help from the league, although this hasn't plugged the gap.

We're clearly not financially sustainable right now and should be grateful that the brothers are there to bail out the losses and keep the club running in the way we're accustomed to. 

Thanks for sharing @Piethagoram. It's worth clicking on the link as there's more, and it's quite informative.

The owners are basically financing the club through loans, as the Trews did. This seems to be the done thing now. And this season they simply lent an extra 2 million to cover the losses. Their dad is apparently seriously minted, and that's probably where it's coming from.

Irrespective of Covid, this league is awful for the finances. We're competing for a single automatic promotion spot with several big-spending clubs, yet at the same time the loss of the Sky money has ripped a big hole in our budget. 

Archived