Several Notts Players have Covid

menzinho

Given what's been happening lately it felt like this was inevitable, but if any more players test positive it probably won't go ahead.

And as we've had the last two games off this really isn't great timing! Hopefully everyone who has contracted the virus is doing ok.

I would say that if it is detrimental to the first XI strength, then call the game off, like all the other promotion contenders have. No point playing the game for the sake of it with a weakened side if it could mean throwing away points.

The only reason I can see this going ahead would be for the gate receipt money.

2 hours ago, Fozzy said:

I would say that if it is detrimental to the first XI strength, then call the game off, like all the other promotion contenders have. No point playing the game for the sake of it with a weakened side if it could mean throwing away points.

The only reason I can see this going ahead would be for the gate receipt money.

If we have to field a severely weakened side, we're putting ourselves at a disadvantage to the other teams who have had their games called off. So I'm assuming this isn't (yet) the case - IB's first eleven are all available to play and the absences don't weaken us. He can hardly say that in public though.

Either way, hope everyone concerned is feeling better soon. 

I think in the long term, we'll benefit from having to switch things up at this point - we have already determined we can play better at times without Cal Roberts.

Ruben Rodrigues didn't make the bench either, with the speculation there - we'll see how we can do relying on some fringe players. As with Roberts, we tend to give him the ball and expect magic - even when it isn't working.

Archived