Funny Notts Moments

liampie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i was talking to a friend a moment ago, they told me about something that happened in uniteds game against spurs. it got me thinking of funny things i have seen notts, share one of yours.

a funny moment of the top of my head was a time ck went to kick the ball and slipped, he didnt really fall or anything but just the way he reacted to failing to control the ball. he seemed very awkward and our fans chanted to him about it which made it all the more funny. he did really move around the dugout after that :P

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Not exactly Notts but countless of MA's interviews had me in stitches.

>http://youtu.be/0PqsQc_mMrY

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,902
  • Days Won:  17

Yeah Martin Allen was funny, used to make me laugh how he'd shout to the players "Help him, help him" as another player was running downfield with the ball.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Can anyone remember the match a few years ago when one of the opposition players got sent off, he was particularly short in stature and Gary Owers who played in our midfield at the time walked part of the way at the side of him on his knees mocking his shortness, it had the fans round me in stitches.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I thought this was quite funny at The Baseball Ground

>http://youtu.be/wdFwl11WUAg

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Can anyone remember the match a few years ago when one of the opposition players got sent off, he was particularly short in stature and Gary Owers who played in our midfield at the time walked part of the way at the side of him on his knees mocking his shortness, it had the fans round me in stitches.

Yep, that was away at Griffin Park when Brentford's 'vertically challenged' Paul Evans got sent off. Owers dropped to his knees and started to follow him off the pitch. Notts fans were in hysterics whilst Brentford's lot were less than impressed. Notts won 2-0 with goals from Fran Tierney and KRapley. February 2000 - nearly 14 years ago!  

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yep, that was away at Griffin Park when Brentford's 'vertically challenged' Paul Evans got sent off. Owers dropped to his knees and started to follow him off the pitch. Notts fans were in hysterics whilst Brentford's lot were less than impressed. Notts won 2-0 with goals from Fran Tierney and KRapley. February 2000 - nearly 14 years ago!  

This sounds amusing, I'm surprised nobody sang a chant about him dropping down to his knees or did they? Haha

Thanks for sharing Tony + LymmPie

• Content Count:  8

I don't remember any chants about that particular incident but I seem to recall it was the first time I heard the "My Garden Shed, is bigger than this..." chant sung by Notts fans. If it wasn't that day then it was certainly at Griffin Park on another occasion.  

Speaking of chants - I have vivid memories of hearing the Wheelbarrow Song being sung at Birmingham City in 1990 and the amusement (bewilderment?!) this caused amongst Notts fans as it spread through the crowd.  The song was actually 'born' at Shrewsbury  a week earlier but the first time I heard it was at St Andrews the following Tuesday and it was hilarious because nobody seemed to have a clue why we were signing it! :) 

• Content Count:  68

Not exactly funny in hindsight, but I remember standing with my Dad about 35 years ago (when I was about 10) watching Notts warm up before a game. Only a smattering of Notts fans had arrived. I remember clearly seeing one bloke on the terraces, standing directly behind the goal, who was scoffing a pukka pie (I think it was beef and onion!) - one of the players, Paul Hooks (?), blasted over the bar and hit this bloke directly in his pie! His pie was smashed into his face and he collapsed on the ground covered in steaming hot pie filling. It was the pie filling, and the shock I guess, that made me laugh at the time. Anyhoo, I feel bad about laughing now. :(

Archived