Hi Bob Wilson Anchorman

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Hi @Bob Wilson Anchorman, interesting username! Welcome to Pride of Nottingham.

Can I ask where the reference for your chosen username comes from? I feel I should know but don't. Hope you enjoy the site, I will look forward to sharing thoughts and banter.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

welcome to pon, hope you join in and enjoy the site. nice to see another new member :)

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all, thanks for the welcome Joe.

The introductory thread for each new member is a nice touch, it gives the place the feel of an ambassadorial reception where the bloke at the door announces people as they come in.  

The username is plagarised from from the title of a Half Man Half Biscuit track, so not really Notts-related.  

A few people have said this site is a bit "nice" - from what i've seen people just respect each other's opinions and exchange views without getting unnecessarily personal and upset too quickly.  Kind of reminds me of another forum, except without any of the the aggression, bitterness or knee-jerk doom mongering.  Or abuse.  Or daily "updates".  And so on... 

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

You will fit in around here, I quit the other site and gave up on trying to discuss Notts. Until I found this site and Joe puts a lot of effort and care into this place, its reflection of him I suppose. Good leaders know how to manage crowd control!

Welcome to PoN, glad to see more joining in.

• Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

the site looks really good, it's fresh and up to date and it's nice to see match reports from the post-war era in particular (although poor old Harry Andrews must have his work cut out playing other youth teams single-handedly - no wonder he doesn't want to show his face!).

I think one of the main problems with the, ahem, "other" place is that a lot of people there can't seem to separate positivity/negativity a lack of gratitude for the efforts of the board / management.  It seemed that as soon as someone expressed doubts about whether or not a particular decision was wise a number of people would leap on them and tear them to shreds for being disloyal, fickle, negative, ungrateful etc.  I can't really see how having one opinion or another and putting it into writing on a forum has any bearing whatsoever on whether or not a particular decision taken by someone else benefits the club or not.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Ay up,@Bob Wilson Anchorman.Glad you've joined us.Welcome. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Welcome from me too, it's great to see new faces appearing on here everyday. This is a really friendly place and we are all awfully nice, especially me :biggrin:

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

@Bob Wilson Anchorman now now, that will do with all the positive stuff, there are rules about brown nosing, just ask @tonyhateley

Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy

Archived