Match Discussion: Game 30 - The Shaymen (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,282
  • Days Won:  80

Game 30 - The Shaymen (H)

Team: FC Halifax Town

Date: 28/01/2023

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Luke Williams opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

I was only able to listen but I don’t recall Halifax having a shot! Really sounded like the 1-0 flattered them and it was one of those games where we didn’t need a 2nd or 3rd! If they don’t want to make a game of it, so be it, we’ll be fresh for Tuesday now.

Ref sounded dodgy and seen a few comments on the socials that it was a pen on Nemane. And what was with him seemingly handing out random yellows at the end?

At this stage of the season, I’ll take any win no matter the score, just keep clocking those 3 points. I’ll start worrying about the goal difference if we’re still level with about 5 games to go!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Halifax barely had a kick, very one-sided stuff. It was a bit frustrating we couldn't add to our one goal (some of the decision-making in the final third was a bit off at times), but the 3 points are the most important thing!

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  36

It was one of those games that is hard to put into words. Notts dominated with Halifax not even wanting to make a game of it and it was the most comfortable 1-0 win ever. It was as though they were quite content to just not come away with a hammering. That being said, Notts could have hammered them. Offside goal (was it, wasn't it?), Ruben failing to square to Scott when he was in acres of space, great save from the keeper to deny JOB and Nemane having a blatant penalty refused when clean through! Ref was awful, along with most refs in this league, no surprise there then.

Now onto Solihull, who are starting to get a few players back, but they should try and attack us more which will hopefully open them up to out quick passing counter attacks.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Right from kick off Notts looked more up for the game, Halifax seemed happy to sit on the ball - they really didn't impress me.

Jesse Debrah looked like a weak leak from the moment I saw him.

Physical presence but not much football skill in him, we should've exploited him more, but we controlled the game well. I don't mind that the score was only 1-0, we had plenty of chances and their keeper did alright for someone who always wanted to catch the ball when going to ground. Yes, it would've been nice to test him more on target, especially from distance, but the way we moved will only build confidence with Notts.

I thought Jodi Jones did okay when he came on, Adam Chicksen got himself into some great positions and crossed the ball very well.

Macaulay Langstaff almost gave me a heart attack with his goal, as I have mentioned I thought he was going to miss or their defender make up for the terrible back pass. It wasn't the first one of those, but he made it count, even if he did take quite a lot of touches. It was a good game and result, I think some dwell on the way we won rather than how we played.