Blast from the past: TV Shows

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Currently, I am watching The Rockford Files and Baywatch.

With Knight Rider on my list to re-watch - I have caught up with stuff such as The Walking Dead (which has now ended), I'm looking forward to the spin-off shows but part of me thinks it won't hold up. I need to watch the final series of Better Call Saul. I need to check out older shows like Murder She Wrote etc.

What past TV Shows did you enjoy?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i dont have much time for tv, i mostly watch youtube and that is quite limited due to my workload.

the new tv show for the last of us does have my attention though.

has anyone seen netflixs wednesday? i have seen a couple of episodes of that and thought it was quite good.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Crikey, too many to mention, but just as a starter...

Going way back to my youth, it would be Minder, The Sweeney, Six Million Dollar Man, Starskey & Hutch, A-Team, Dukes of Hazard. Then more recent would be things like X-Files and then even more recent, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes and Heroes (first two series as it got a bit daft and slow in the end as there was no end).

I don't have Netflix anymore, and the only series I was ever interested on it was the Last Kingdom, I got Netflix because the BBC dropped it but cancelled the channel after watching the last series as there is only a film to come.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Not exactly a "past TV show", but I'm currently watching The Last of Us. I never played the game but I heard it had a great story, and the series is top notch so far. In terms of older series, I was really into Breaking Bad and the first couple of series of Lost before the writers started taking LSD. And of course Game of Thrones.

@Chris you really ought to watch the last series of Better Call Saul, it's pretty special :)

@Fozzy I love The Last Kingdom too! If you're a reader you should definitely try the books, they add such a lot of depth to the characters and the historical asides from the author are great too.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

On 11/02/2023 at 10:43, DangerousSausage said:

@Chris you really ought to watch the last series of Better Call Saul, it's pretty special :)

I watched every season prior regularly; the moment an episode came out - I'd watch it.

I intend to watch the series from the beginning, as it is one of few programmes that @cheeky~k8 will watch with me - even though she has mistaken it for Breaking Bad [of which we started to watch up to the third episode if I recall right]. I might have to go re-watch Breaking Bad first, then Better Call Saul. 😂

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

I've read half of them @DangerousSausage, but do need to get round to reading the rest for sure. I'm a big fan of Bernard Cornwell and read all of the Sharpe books by him (apart from the last couple in India), but haven't as yet read the Grail quest series and could not get into the Starbuck Chronicles.  I like the fact he does do his research and bases his books around real people and events, even though the hero is always fictional.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

did anyone watch supernatural all the way through? is it worth going back to rewatch that  if i can find the time.