Goal : Altrincham v Notts ( Macca's 40th)

Piethagoram

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  8

Well done on the record. To be fair if that goal had been against Notts I think I would have been unhappy too.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, DonnyNotts said:

Well done on the record. To be fair if that goal had been against Notts I think I would have been unhappy too.

It shows why teams have someone stood on the ball when they're defending. A legal goal but I'm with you, I'd be fuming if we conceded that way.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

the first goal was sneaky by notts, i dont think the referee should have allowed the quick free kick. if it happened to us, all hell would be let loose and really it was never a fair move. rubens penalty looked the standard for taking them, smooth and clinical.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Although it's commendable to see Notts taking initiative, I can't help but feel that if we had conceded the first goal, I would be quite upset. The opposing team's manager was quite pleased with the outcome, but I think he accurately pinpointed the first goal as the turning point. The referee should not have allowed a quick free kick in that particular position, but the blame falls more on him than our players. Using some common sense, I hope that Notts will refrain from making similar moves in the future.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

Yeah, I totally agree, Notts messed up big time with that first goal. And don't even get me started on the second one - it was so obviously handball! But hey, I guess it all evened out in the end, you know, in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've re-watched it several times and, I have grown less bothered by the quick free kick.

It is the responsibility of the referee and officials to ensure that no advantage is given, especially since the free kick was awarded for a rather soft decision that may have irritated them even more. Upon closer examination of the footage, it becomes clear that the opposing team's players should have assumed a defensive position as soon as Bostock put the ball down. One could argue that the free kick was taken from an incorrect position, and although Notts County's strategy was clever, any fault should ultimately be attributed to the referee.