Supporting other Nationalities in Football

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

When supporting football, some fans tend to focus only on players who are from the same nation as them or who play for a team from their country. However, some supporters have a soft spot for players from different nationalities, even those who have no relation to their country. As a Notts County fan, have you ever supported players from countries like Australia, Trinidad and Tobago, Portugal, Algeria, or any others?

Did this happen because of a former Notts player or just because you have a particular affinity for that country? Let's discuss it...

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

during major competitions like the world cup, i support underdogs and take an interest in them. for example, canada in the last world cup i thought they did well and showed some real spirit. costa rica too.

otherwise its just zimbabwe, ireland and now malta. 

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Likewise with @liampie.

I always try to support Australia, but I feel they've become quite dirty over the last few years. Columbia is a great place to be in. I had a soft spot for Mexico once. Other than that, I try to support nations that are considered to be underdogs.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

I don’t watch many international football matches anymore. I still tune in for the Euros and the World Cup, but I’ve stopped watching tournaments like the African Nations Cup and the Copa America.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

Got a soft spot for Spain me. Was lucky enough to usually holiday there when I was young. And I was your classic case of a football mad kid on holiday annoying his dad to buy him a knock off Spain shirt with "Raul 7" on the back! Probably only cost him €10, but you would've thought I was wiping out the holiday budget with the resistance he put up. My parents probably had to peel that shirt of my body for it's first wash, I remember wearing it for days...

Always like going back now, when I can. Weather, food and people are always great.

Agree with @liampie too, I'll be tuning into England v Malta next month to cheer on our Jodi!