Ffp!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Not sure what happened to my caps, i tried FFP, oh well.

So let's have your predictions, on 2 teams who (If any) will be punished for their financial Turn over.

Also i can see this bringing football to it's knees here in England, especially around the Top 2 leagues.

My Guess is:

QPR

Watford

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There's a setting which stops posters from typing full caps, it's supposed to prevent topic titles appearing as if someone shouts but it's increasing annoying me. I might turn it off, as when I see Bbc it alerts my eye and I like things to be - well I am fussy! LOL

I honestly don't see The Football League punishing any sides in the first year, I have a feeling they will waver it.

What makes me say this? There's at least 2-3 teams in each league who have spent money, which as made people go 'How have they done that??'. Also, supposedly a chairman can still use a company he owns to sponsor the club and bring in money like that? I thought it was against the rules now but Fleetwood are a side who seems to have a lot of backing from their board. If there's a good number of teams who are deserving the sanction, I just see them saying 'fix it for next year'.

It wouldn't be the first time the English game as broken it's own rules.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

brentford and maybe yeovil town.

its going to be interesting to see who is dragged into this!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I bet the guilty teams will wriggle out of any punishment and the authorities will come down like a ton of bricks on certain teams.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

Coventry and Forest!

I agree @jurgenpie, they are beating around the bush for all the supposed money they have. @super_ram are you happy that Derby know how to use a budget and can address needs around it?

Coventry and Forest!

I agree @jurgenpie, they are beating around the bush for all the supposed money they have. @super_ram are you happy that Derby know how to use a budget and can address needs around it?

FFP is frequently mentioned by the purse holders at Derby.Some supporters aren't happy, saying this is just an excuse not to splash the cash.I just hope that teams who ignore the rules are suitably punished.

No point in having rules which get ignored really, naff as it sounds I would be surprised if they ignored it.

It is time teams like Notts try to build the fan base, the foundations here are strong but the supports weak. How have attendances been like for the Rams? Usually attract good crowds right?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

Have Scunthorpe sold anyone recently, as haven't they just bought a £300k player from Yeovil? Failing that how did they afford that with an average attendance of 3,599?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Have Scunthorpe sold anyone recently, as haven't they just bought a £300k player from Yeovil? Failing that how did they afford that with an average attendance of 3,599?

Supposedly they knocked the figure down to a reasonable price, mind you 300k is good for him. A backwards signing for Madden but hopefully he proves people why he's such a good striker.

It's supposed to be around 50-75k.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I can see this being fudged by the FA, they are a bunch of spinless gits IMO, plenty of reasons for this standpoint but one that highlights it best is the ever popular race issue. How Terry got away with only a four game ban for ACTUALLY saying F****** Black C*** , when anybody like my bad self who is deaf can lipread.

However given our recent brush with financial irregularities, I wouldn't want to shout too loudly. I still feel somewhat bothered by the background to that winning season. 

No point in having rules which get ignored really, naff as it sounds I would be surprised if they ignored it.

It is time teams like Notts try to build the fan base, the foundations here are strong but the supports weak. How have attendances been like for the Rams? Usually attract good crowds right?

It's the way the rules are enforced that I have a problem with-perhaps it's just me.

Derby's average attendance last season was ,I think,about 24.000 but has risen this season thanks to better results :thumbsup:

What about Leeds? Does anyone think these might fall into this pitfall?

im not sure about leeds, have they spent much money? theres going to be a few within the championship tho.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I think until a club is hung out to dry by the FA, most clubs will walk a line on the wrong side of FP. As others have said, I can't personally see the FA doing anything anyway. Rules are great, but they are easily broken, especially if it keeps fans interested in their clubs and money rolling in.

Wouldn't surprise me if Forest named.

if they sign hobbs for sure

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Looking at the red side of the Trent, their debt grows bigger by the minute and surely they are breaking the FFP rules by now?

I know we dont have a pot to @*&! in but at least we seem to be making some strides into reducing the wage earners who aren't even playing regularly.

Archived