Where does Randall fit into the team?

menzinho

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

I know he's had an unfortunate start to his Notts career after picking up an injury during pre-season but by all accounts he's now fit and just waiting for that chance. I wonder how long he'll have to wait though. If the idea was that he'll play at wingback he's now surely 3rd choice (on both sides) behind Chicksen & Adebayo. Maybe he's being trained behind the scenes to play in the central attacking role behind the striker, I just don't know.

With a little bit of rotation likely, he could well feature against Swindon and then I'd get my answer but right now I'm struggling to see how and where he gets into the team.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Apparently he played down the left for Sutton, so maybe he's the more attacking alternative to Chicksen. I can't see LW picking him right now given the last few defensive performances, but it's a long season and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

At the moment, Junior Morias and Will Randall don't fit into the team. It's hard to say where they can or will play. You might be thinking that their wages could have been better spent on signing a defender. I think that's a fair point, but I am happy with our attacking options.

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I find it intriguing that we can afford to let John Bostock rest, but Macaulay Langstaff holds greater importance due to his goal-scoring abilities, leaving little room for others. Will Randall cannot adequately replace Jodi Jones, and Adam Chicksen is better suited for an external position, which covers the left side. As for the right side, it is a possibility, but I am unsure if he can play there. Perhaps his best chance lies in an attacking position. The concern over Cedwyn Scott's injury is understandably significant, as we heavily rely on Langstaff. This situation does not bode well for Junior Morias, as it implies that he may not be deemed good enough. It appears that Will Randall's signing is more of a luxury move to flaunt rather than a necessary acquisition. Could it be that he was on the verge of joining a rival team, and we signed him purely to prevent that from happening? It seems like a wasteful decision.

Edited by JohnTheBost
  • Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think the reason why we haven't seen much of him since he returned from injury, is the fact Luke Williams doesn't know where to play him exactly, and even I think it's a stretch for me to make any suggestions.

I don't really like Adam Chicksen as a CB; I think he can do well, but it's mostly unflattering.

He's better out left, which leaves the question of where does Will Randall come into it? Jodi Jones is blessed that he can play both sides. We will simply have to wait until Randall is fully fit and ready to be given a chance. I can't see him playing where David McGoldrick does, although it's a possibility. I do recall hearing he can play up front, but I can vouch for it. It's a dilemma for Luke Williams.