Trip To York

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Just got back from a couple of days in York, it was a treat from our son he paid for the hotel.

York is a great place for us wrinklies, the Castle museum is full of things I remember from my childhood and the National Railway Museum is full of nostalgia with steam trains and the like.

Lots of lovely old pubs selling real ale too @super_ram :thumbsup:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I first went to York in my last year at junior school.It was a school trip.We went to the Castle museum,the railway museum,walked down The Shambles and also to The Minster.Granny and myself went for a day, before we were married and repeated the school trip but took in a couple of pubs as well.Unfortunately we got on the wrong train coming home and instead of getting back to Alfreton about 8.30 didn't get back till 11 .We also took Will and Joe when they were young.I remember a squirrel nicking some cake when we had a picnic in one of the parks there.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I had been nosy Tony, you probably noticed a couple of likes. I thought you might have been ill or way, it's not like you to visit once every so often (even tho you was active).

Looked like you had a great time this proves it. YP!

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Yes we had a great time thanks, it's nice to get away now and again, it'll soon be warm enough to go in the van, can't wait till spring, some of our friends use their Motorhomes all year but we are a bit nesh ( fair weather campers) so if we want to get away in winter it has to be a hotel or self catering as long as it's warm and cosy.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

How was the Scotsman doing? When I was there, it was in pieces being re"furbbie"d

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I think i've only ever been there once when i was younger, to the museum too. I'm glad you had a great time. Someone i know from school has moved there and she puts some lovely photos on facebook.

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

Yes we had a great time thanks, it's nice to get away now and again, it'll soon be warm enough to go in the van, can't wait till spring, some of our friends use their Motorhomes all year but we are a bit nesh ( fair weather campers) so if we want to get away in winter it has to be a hotel or self catering as long as it's warm and cosy.

glad you had a good time :)

Archived