Macaulay Langstaff Goalscoring Phenomenon.

Robbie

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

• Like 5

Supporter+

Macaulay's move to a higher level this season hasn't prevented him from doing what he does best, scoring goals.

Fantastic stats for a League 2 Newcomer.

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Robbie said:

Macaulay's move to a higher level this season hasn't prevented him from doing what he does best, scoring goals.

Fantastic stats for a League 2 Newcomer.

Let's hope he isn't a L1 or Championship newcomer this season too! 

• Like 6

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If we can gain promotion, it may take him a bit of time (just as it did this season) but there's no denying his quality. The thing which enables him to adapt to playing higher up, is his work ethic and relentless desire to do well. It also helps that he's so down to earth.

When I saw calls for him to be dropped when he hadn't scored in a few games at the beginning of the season, I felt it would have been a huge mistake because it was simply down to chances.

Dropping a player like Macaulay Langstaff to me seems a very negative move, because his instinct is to have efforts on goal and to surge of the chances which present themselves. He's by far more than a poacher, fox in the fox or tap in merchant. He's such a good talent, that it's hard to believe he was playing park football with his friends before making his move into the game. Our ambition must be to grow alongside him, but at some point unfortunately he will move on.

• Like 5

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Fantastic stats for a first season in the EFL. Expectation was always gonna be high on him considering how many goals he bagged last season.

It took him a bit of time to get going at the start of the season which led to criticism and mocking that he couldn't step up but he's managed to prove doubters wrong.

I have read a few rumours, how true they are I don't know, that we've already rejected a £3m bid for him and Bolton are keeping tabs on him if they sell their striker. 

I'm hopeful that we can keep him for a while to come but if he were to go somewhere else, I'd expect a really good fee.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

I remember he did an interview, possibly the one with the two players from Boreham Wood, about why he scores so many goals. As well as having the striker’s instinct he talked about how his missed chances don’t faze him and that he just keeps telling himself to get into the position and he’ll score the next one. I don’t think he ever loses confidence because he backs himself and trusts his ability on the pitch so much. He’s a sublime striker, every club in this league and league 1 would snap your hand off to have him.

I think at some point down the line we’ll make a lot of money from him, if we get promoted and he stays and continues banging the in goals in League 1 – that’ll probably be game over for us as the Championship clubs will be fighting over each other to get the highest bid in. But right now he’s well protected with his new contract so we can just kick back and enjoy watching him score for us!

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Supporter+
On 12/01/2024 at 18:04, KB1862 said:

Fantastic stats for a first season in the EFL. Expectation was always gonna be high on him considering how many goals he bagged last season.

It took him a bit of time to get going at the start of the season which led to criticism and mocking that he couldn't step up but he's managed to prove doubters wrong.

I have read a few rumours, how true they are I don't know, that we've already rejected a £3m bid for him and Bolton are keeping tabs on him if they sell their striker. 

I'm hopeful that we can keep him for a while to come but if he were to go somewhere else, I'd expect a really good fee.

I believe Macaulay is good enough to play championship football, I wouldn't consider letting him go for less than £4 to 5 million especially considering he has such a long contract with us.

It will be interesting to see how he performs goal scoring wise, now we have a new coach who may be more cautious and Macaulay will probably get less service going forward. I think he's good enough to adapt anyway to any modified team shape, with more emphasis on shoring up our defense.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  75
  • Days Won:  6

Quite right, his work rate is exceptional and he seems to have an incredible temperament. 

I think £4m+ is unrealistic for a L2 player aged 26 (or any age, really) but a £2m fee plus a decent sell on clause could be lucrative. According to a google search, the L2 transfer record is Ollie Watkins from Exeter to Brentford at around £6.5m and I'd guess most of that is a sell on when he moved to Villa. For us, £2m in the summer and then £5m in 18 months would be wonderful!

Apart from that, no-one has gone for more than £2.75m.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Robbie said:

It will be interesting to see how he performs goal scoring wise, now we have a new coach who may be more cautious and Macaulay will probably get less service going forward. I think he's good enough to adapt anyway to any modified team shape, with more emphasis on shoring up our defense.

Yeah I think he's capable of adapting, who knows the adaption may prove even more beneficial. It could bring him more in to play and open up options elsewhere or be able to link up play and get into even better positions than he already does. 

• Like 3

Supporter+
7 hours ago, Simon Clark said:

Quite right, his work rate is exceptional and he seems to have an incredible temperament. 

I think £4m+ is unrealistic for a L2 player aged 26 (or any age, really) but a £2m fee plus a decent sell on clause could be lucrative. According to a google search, the L2 transfer record is Ollie Watkins from Exeter to Brentford at around £6.5m and I'd guess most of that is a sell on when he moved to Villa. For us, £2m in the summer and then £5m in 18 months would be wonderful!

Apart from that, no-one has gone for more than £2.75m.

Macca is the exception. I would be asking at least £4million from a Championship club.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Supporter+

What a great stat for Macaulay.

He's still making history for Notts 

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

hes an incredible talent. for all the years we have wanted a young good striker that could finish well but also do other work on the pitch. its great to see him doing so well in league two. his success here as been a joy and i really want fans to appreciate his efforts but also enjoy it whilst he is here.

this form will start to attract interest from clubs and those willing to pay a good sum may tempt notts to accept, but worry about this when it comes. now we enjoy his efforts and performances.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

What can you say about Macca that hasn't been said many times before? During the January transfer window several clubs higher up the Football Pyramid were said to be interested in purchasing  the Magpies top scorer , on several occasions one site Football League World, I think it's called it was a done deal that Macca was off to Sunderland for £1.5 million, other clubs such has Derby and I think Birmingham were also mentioned. £1.5 million is an Insult, when you see mediocre Foreign players going for anything between £6 million to £10 million and you read teams like Liverpool Chelsea or Manchester United willing to pay in the region of £40 million for untried young kids, it's Crazy. Realistically Macca for his goal scoring ability has to be worth at least £5 million, because any team in any League who buys Macca and plays to his strengths will be rewarded with a sack full of goals, the guy in my opinion is that good he is a Naturel Goal scorer.

Take for example a Championship club buys Macca and he scores 15 to 20 per season for a couple of years, but that team fails to get promoted to the Premiership, they could sell him for upwards of £25 million to one of the Big Guns, so a £5 million plus add ons is a small investment for a Goal Machine like Macca Longstaff.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Absolutely right on there @Wheelbarrow repair man I've been saying on social media he's worth at least £5 million + add-ons. He's simply a sensation and last night he played basically as a winger too.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

Well Robbie lets hope the Owners Notts CEO the recruitment team  and Stuart Maynard read the Fans Comments on this site. From what I've seen since joining PON a short time ago there's an awful lot of sense written by the Magpies faithful.

• Love 1

Supporter+

Macaulay the provider for Didzy this time.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,134
  • Days Won:  2

Macca is amazing. If a striker doesn’t get good chances, scoring is tough. But we have a player who always tries. He’s a brilliant striker and adding another two goals to his tally is great.

• Like 1

Supporter+

• Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

And what's even more impressive about the current total of 65 goals is that he's done it in 82 games. 🤯 👏

• Like 1

Supporter+

Hear Macaulay talking to Radio Nottingham about topping the EFL goal charts again.

• 2 months later...

Supporter+

Interesting Stats from the transfer markt website 

They have Macaulay's value at £400K. I think that figure is grossly undervalued.

Another interesting statistic is that he had scored 19 goals in all competitions up to 31 December 2023 and 10 goals scored from 1st January 2024

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/macaulay-langstaff/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/526347/wettbewerb/GB4/saison/2023

• 2 weeks later...

Supporter+

Macaulay is top of the pile in the top five tiers for the last two seasons.

I suspect there may be a few clubs in for him during the summer. Heard a few rumours floating round during the season and they're doing the rounds again. 

My site manager at work, who's a Birmingham fan, said that Langstaff's name was shouted and mentioned a lot to the board of Birmingham City.

Hopefully we can retain him and he carried on banging the goals in. His scoring tally is something to be admired and I still believe there's more to come.

• Like 1