Beckham on Netflix

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

It's been on my list to watch since it came out months ago but I finally got round to watching the David Beckham documentary on Netflix and last night I finished the final episode. 

If you haven't already watched it, I urge you to watch it. It's definitely one of the best documentaries I have ever watched. There's a reason why they split it in to 4 episodes. Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

I already had the utmost respect for Beckham but after watching this documentary my respect for him just grew and grew with each episode.

People forget just how good David Beckham was back in the day. People, mostly the younger generation, see him as a player that was just a great set piece taker. He was far more than that, he was a key to both England and Manchester United and this documentary fully highlights just how important of a player he was and why he was/is still so highly rated.

Most of you might remember the 98 World Cup but after hearing some of the things Glenn Hoddle said about Beckham before, during and after that World Cup you'll have a slight dislike to Hoddle and the way he "handled" the situation. As for Simeone, well lets just say you'll really hate him with his comments on the incident.

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

A young David Beckham was part of a Man Utd side along with Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes who made up the very successful Man U side of the late 1990s and early 2000s.

I don't think we will see it happen again when so many youth players graduate to the first team and win trophies like they all did.

The top six teams of today now buy in the vast majority of their players to get success.

Alex Ferguson in one way was very fortunate to have all these talented youngsters come through at the same time, but they still had to be nurtured & managed well which Ferguson did.

We won't see his like again either.

• Like 1