Match Discussion: Game 45 - The U's (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

I think you are being very unfair with Stuart Maynard mate. Scott needs some minutes on the pitch and it was a striker for a striker swap. Nothing wrong in that.

Stuart played one striker with an extra midfielder and it worked perfectly.

And the match wasn't boring, it was a win with a clean sheet. Notts dominated the game completely, and Stuart's tactics were bang on.

I know some people will always be critical of Stuart no matter what he does, but he now has 3 wins in 4 matches and a win at Forest green will be 4 in 5 matches.

That's a good end to the season as far as I'm concerned.

I'd rather have a one or two nil win than a 4:3 or 3:2 win. If that is boring than so be it.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’m pleased we finished with a win at home, we were never in any danger of losing this match and with a bit better finishing we’d have won by more goals.

I really hope we can keep our best players for next season but we’ll see.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

I guess I'll just have to Agree to Disagree with you Robbie. Maynard still could have played Macca and Cedwyn up front from the off even if Ceds had only lasted till half time.  Jodi was kept very quiet today he didn't play to his usual high standard, the Colchester defender  on his side didn't give him anything. Ashby-Hammond almost cost Notts a goal with his wondering out of his 18 yard box, the Colchester player almost chipped him but his shot hit the woodwork. If it was Jim's last game at Meadow Lane he certainly went out like A Warrior, if only he was 5 or so years younger. He needs to be kept at the Lane in some sort of capacity next season. Dan Crowley was outstanding again and Macca well he was just Macca, he came up with the Goal to break the Stalemate and was unlucky not to score more.

Despite the recent Results there still needs to be Massive Changes at Notts in the off Season. An interesting quote from the Forest Green Owner when asked about their two successive Relegations he honestly stated Our Recruitment over the last two seasons has been Abysmal. So lets hope Montague and his team get things Right. The first couple of months next season should be enough time to tell if Stuart Maynard is the Man for the Job at Notts.

• Like 1