Sheffield United V Fulham

Cobby

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

Good result for the Blades, but is playing 120 minutes of football going to harm them in the league?

The cameras picked up at least 2 Sheffield players who had cramp toward the end of extra time.

Would we prefer to be still in the FA cup, even if it might wear down the players?

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I thought Fulham were very poor and Sheffield United looked like they wanted to win.Clough senior used to say that being involved in, and winning,  cup matches was a good thing as it kept the winning mentality going. Only time will tell if the Blades league form suffers because of cup involvement.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

Good result for the Blades, but is playing 120 minutes of football going to harm them in the league?

The cameras picked up at least 2 Sheffield players who had cramp toward the end of extra time.

Would we prefer to be still in the FA cup, even if it might wear down the players?

its going to hurt them in the short run, they will be glad of the income tho.

no, league. we need to stay up!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

its going to hurt them in the short run, they will be glad of the income tho.

no, league. we need to stay up!

For Sheffield, I don't reckon it would actually be that much more revenue for them.

The attendance last night was 10,139 with there being 16,324 at the first leg. Currently Sheffield's average attendance is 17,064. While there will be season ticket holders in the league game stats, however they would only get less than 50% of the revenue from the 2 legs (after the Fulham cut, match costs, FA cut, etc).

I would agree with the league too.  If we were happily mid table I would lap it up, however when you are realistically fighting for survival in the league, you need to concentrate on one thing, and only one thing.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I felt let down, I bet on Fulham to win the first tie and when they didn't well.. That's old news but they should have! I don't like Sheffield United as a site, nothing against their true fans but just a club I'd rather not pay attention too.

Sort of like Leeds United!

I'm also glad we can focus on the league, at the time I felt we could manage both but right now we wouldn't. The cup would be getting in the way!

Archived