Tom Weal departs

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  378
  • Days Won:  1

Ian Hutton gone from the coaching staff as well.... Did they jump or was they pushed?????? 

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I assume pushed because Tom Weal says he’s looking for his next adventure or words to that effect that doesn’t suggest he has something lined up.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

Given most their work goes unseen I can’t really comment on how well they’ve done but they’ve been part of team that’s been on an upward trajectory over the past few seasons. The team was definitely fit enough to carry out LW rigorous pressing and I know Tom Weal got a lot of credit for the penalty shoot-out that eventually got us promoted. In terms of coaching staff, only Joao Alves remains from the promotion season so you can’t accuse Notts of being too sentimental now…

They’d have been on short(ish) contracts just like the players, I guess the club thinks a change would be beneficial. Always sad when people move on though and it's a lovely message that Tom has posted. I hope he and Ian Hutton find new clubs for next season.

• Like 3

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Tom's a good coach, I am sure he will find something.

I don't want to speculate on if he decided to leave or if the club pushed him out of the door, we don't know if it was mutual or that the club has just decided to change the direction. I will say, I think we've been lucky to have him as our coach. Watching him train and warm up with the keepers before every game, you can appreciate his efforts and to boot he's a really nice person.

Good luck to him as he moves on with his career, I wish him all the best.

• Like 3