Memories of Pique's attempted purchase of Notts

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,313
  • Days Won:  17

Was this ever really a Thing? Or just Paper Talk? It was that interesting  I'd Forgotten about it.

And I For One am Glad that A Certain He who's name shall Not Be Spoken Sold Our Beloved Club

To Chris & Alex. You see he did do Something Right.

On an entirely different Note . Pique was he the Guy who married Singer Shakira ? Then went off with

another Woman? That other Woman must be a Goddess, because Shakira is incredibly Beautiful and 

what Red Red Blooded Man will ever forget her Music Video to Whenever Wherever. COR !!!

Edited by Wheelbarrow repair man
  • Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,982
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I saw Shakira in Ecuador, before she was famous ( on television I may add) . Got the tee shirt, though doesnt fit me now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If a bid for Notts failed, whilst Alan Hardy stood over us, and it was linked to such a player as Gerard Piqué. I am more inclined to believe it's not true. I know there was that hedge fund which he could have been involved with, but my memory recalls it being led by someone untrustworthy - who didn't have any resources at all.

I don't believe the Taylor Swift story, that seems to have fallen due to social media tweets when I looked into it at the time.

As to where this story came from, it might be true that he wanted to look at buying an English club but anything serious, beyond interest, just seems unlikely to me.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

This seems like a tale to me, akin to an April Fool’s joke that has been picked up by the mainstream media and run with, either unknowingly or intentionally. I’m sceptical that he would purchase a club that has just been relegated to the National League, when there might have been simpler options in League Two. I simply don’t believe it, and apparently, neither did he. 😉

• Like 2