Shrewsbury away Carabao Cup

Piethagoram

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,101
  • Days Won:  54

A chance of redemption, and hopefully not a repeat of the last match! Not exactly an exciting draw but it's a decent chance to get through, Shrewsbury were pretty poor against us, we basically gave them that FA Cup win.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,052
  • Days Won:  162

i got sick of seeing them last season. 🤣 who else would we draw? notts has to make the most of it and get the win. it is all about redemption as @menzinho says.

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,251
  • Days Won:  189
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

The point is, are Notts going to treat the Cups seriously under Maynard or not, that is the question?

I hope they do because Notts can earn some good money from a reasonable Cup run.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  8,963
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

The pre season match at Shrewsbury, I thought we matched an EFL 1 side really well. Having said that, I thought Shrewsbury would struggle and they did but preserved EFL1 status.

We have nothing to fear but to go for a win

• Like 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,343
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

15 hours ago, Robbie said:

The point is, are Notts going to treat the Cups seriously under Maynard or not, that is the question?

Hopefully, the league cup is worth taking seriously, but we seem to take the ELF trophy more seriously in recent years. Just like the FA Cup is well worth taking seriously, and not choosing to drop out of it.

9 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

The pre season match at Shrewsbury, I thought we matched an EFL 1 side really well. Having said that, I thought Shrewsbury would struggle and they did but preserved EFL1 status.

Agreed, we looked very good.

We didn't look the same when we played them in this after that, Shrewsbury looked much better, but we didn't give a very good account of ourselves.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  8,963
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Hopefully, the league cup is worth taking seriously, but we seem to take the ELF trophy more seriously in recent years. Just like the FA Cup is well worth taking seriously, and not choosing to drop out of it.

Agreed, we looked very good.

We didn't look the same when we played them in this after that, Shrewsbury looked much better, but we didn't give a very good account of ourselves.

Chris, the cup game at the San Sirrel, we gifted them. Their striker who got a hat trick hardly scored for them that season

A good goal for Sanderson for us, we were unlucky not to get another

• Like 1

• Content Count:  8,251
  • Days Won:  189
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

By taking the Cups seriously, I mean that we should play our strongest squad, not necessarily our strongest team. 

That's probably one of the reasons Stuart wanted to put together a bigger stronger squad to be able to rest some players on occasionally even for the League matches.

Notts can still put some of our star players on the substitutes bench for cup games in the early rounds, & Notts should still be very competitive with a good large squad.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  569
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

It should be an interesting match. It will be intriguing to see how the two teams stack up against each other a season later. If anything, it’s going to be a game from which we can learn valuable lessons.

• Like 1