Which Players Will Be In The Notts First Eleven?

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,380
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Notts have played 3 friendly matches and the Notts squad is getting the match practice they need.

Stuart Maynard will be mulling over who should be in his first eleven. 

Notts have signed seven new players in key positions & we may see more, so it is going to be a challenge for Stuart to name his first eleven without too much of a delay.

Settled sides are usually the successful sides.

I'm going to put myself in Stuart's shoes & name my Notts eleven after what we have seen so far.

Do PON members have their preferred eleven or you may think that it is too early to tell?

• Like 3

• Robbie changed the title to Which Players Will Be In The Notts First Eleven?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,309
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie

Think it might be a wee bit to early for Stuart to name his starting XI, I assume you're talking about when the League 2 Season Starts?

He should have an Inkling after the Preseason matches and it wouldn't Surprise me if he didn't tinker with the Line up during the First 3-4 matches of the New Season. The only sure Starter is our New Keeper  Alex Bass.

• Like 3

Supporter+

Well I'm going to be bold & name my side for the first league match.

Bass, Macari, Platt, Bedeau, Jones, Tsaroulla, Robertson, Palmer, Crowley, Scott, Jatta

Subs.

Slocombe, McDonald, Gordon, Austin, Edwards, McGoldrick, Nemane.

Alternates,

Morias, Sanderson, Reynolds.

Stuart may make some changes to the starting line up for the first four or five games.

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,309
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie

That's a Fair Line Up. I think SM will stick mainly with players he knows for match One and Two. Not sure if Matt Palmer will be fit enough, he could get a few minutes off the Bench  The Strike Force of Jatta and Scott looks good, I do think Nemane will start. I'm also fairly certain every player will get some minutes in the First Half Dozen or so Matches. Stuart should by then know his Preferred Starting XI and which Substitutes to have on the Bench.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

I also think with a very strong squad Stuart could pick a team depending on who we are playing, such as a team that employs route one, or one that plays on the floor, to a team that likes possession to one that sits back & hits on the break 

Last season we played the same regardless of who we played and those games gave Notts different problems to deal with.

This season we have a number of players that can deal with those differences with their height, mobility, physicality & tenaciousness that we were  missing last season.

Those attributes will allow our flair players like Nemane, Jones, Scott, Didzy & Jatta to concentrate on the job they know best, to create and score goals.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

That's a really tough question and like people have said, it may be a little to early but i'll give it a shot:

Bass, Tsaroulla, Gordon, Platt, Bedeau, Robertson,  Crawley, Jones, Edwards, Jatta, Scott.

Would have said Palmer but not sure if he will be fit. 

Did just see an article saying that Newport County have rejected some offers for their striker, Evans,  wonder of one of these offers may have been from County 🤔

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@ARLukomski.... :D 

So far, I would go for...

Bass

McDonald, Bedeau, Platt

Nemane                          Jones

Robertson
                        Palmer

<-- Crowley ->>
                          <<- Scott ->>

Jatta

Wing backs: Nemane and Jones. Robertson acting as the defensive cover and anchor, Palmer (when fit to get us moving forward). Crawley and Scott to operate within the attacking midfield zone. Jatta as the lead striker.

Bench:
Slocombe, Macari, Tsaroulla, Gordon, Austin, Edwards, McGoldrick.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

This is as of right now, but by no means final. We still need a centre-back (cough cough Lucas Ness), a centre-mid (cough cough Charlie McCann) and a striker with pace and can press (cough cough Benji Magee or Brad Young).

You can flip a coin between Aaron Nemane and Kellan Gordon. I've chosen Gordon as he gives us more balance in the wing-back positions due to Jodi being more attacking. Our wing-back/full-back options are absolutely mental and is probably our strongest area of the pitch. 

The back 3 gives a nice balance. Matty Platt being a more aerially dominant centre half in the middle with Bedeau and Macari being able to stay wide to receive the ball and drive into space. 

Cedwyn can play just behind Jatta like he did for Langstaff in our promotion winning season, but just ahead of Crowley. For me though we still need a striker with Langstaff's pressing instincts and a bit more pace than our current options. 

GK Alex Bass
RCB Lewis Macari
CB Matty Platt
LCB Jacob Bedeau
RWB Kellan Gordon
CM Matty Palmer
CM Scott Robertson
LWB Jodi Jones
CAM Dan Crowley
ST Cedwyn Scott
ST Alassana Jatta

• Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

the bench is going to look much stronger tho, with a few places being harder to decide from. it does give stuart maynard plenty of options.

i think it will be a mix between @Chris and @ARLukomski suggestions.

• Like 1