Notts Dutch training camp

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,961
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Translation @Wheelbarrow repair man

In preparation for the new season in #LeagueTwo

@Official_NCFC

is a guest in #Doorwerth for a training camp. We thank the team for coming and wish them the best of luck at the start of the new season

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  296
  • Days Won:  1

As I understand it, they’re essentially expressing their good wishes to Notts and expressing gratitude for our choice to use their training facilities. It’s a fairly standard message, but it’s nice to see nonetheless. Their facilities appear picturesque, offering beautiful scenery and excellent training conditions.

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,287
  • Days Won:  17

I remember travelling to Holland with School back in1969, It was part of a 10 days Cruise which also took in a visit to Norway. Travelling on a Coach through the Dutch country side at that time  along side of the Motorway were fields and they alternated between Football and Baseball (which was at the time very Popular in Holland. Don't know if it still is). Matches for a Few Miles.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  8,251
  • Days Won:  189
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

It's good for the Notts players & the new ones, to get together in this way. Helps with the bonding and team spirit.

Looking forward to the game against Duisburg on Saturday. I think that Stuart will treat the game much more seriously than the first 3 friendly games.

I hope that he sees it as an opportunity to play what he believes will be his Matchday eighteen.

Altogether, both teams might have agreed to have even more substitutes than is usually allowed for league matches.

• Like 3

I was thinking along the same lines @Robbie, I thought it would be a Good Time for SM to play the Players he thinks will be in the Notts side for the Opening Fixture of the New Season. And Give them at Least 60 minutes before introducing any Subs.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man I'm sure they wouldn't have taken trialists with them unless they intended to sign them on.

I think Notts should treat this match as a competitive one. Lots of brownie points to be had to get an international win & Notts have a good opportunity here, considering Duisburg are a fellow tier 4 side.

And Notts do play continental style football, so they will be prepared for how Duisburg play 

• Like 2

@Robbie

Lets call it for What it is Tippy Tappy Football. I just hope that if we have to suffer this type of Football at the Lane this Coming Season.

At Least SPEED THE BLOODY PLAY UP.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

Gareth Southgate loves tippy tappy football between defenders too.😀

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,343
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Notts could have done a lovely PR move, for those travelling fans by allowing them to go watch the team train. I think a similar thing was done in the past when they toured, was it Iceland? The memory of Romello Nangle's extraordinary goal remains etched in my mind.

The training ground and facilities do look nice.

• Like 2

@Chris

What an Absolutely Brilliant Idea. Get the Fans Involved as Much as Possible. 

You Should Apply For A Job As An Ideas Man At The Lane. 

Think What Something Like This Could Do. It Would Have Certainly Got Top Marks From The Notts Fans And Built A Stronger Bond Between Fans & Club.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,343
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This would have been perhaps one of the first things Notts would have done, under the Trew era which deserves credit for. There was some fantastic fan engagement, the opening days were always great fun.

We don't seem to have this thought process these days, but open days do take a lot of planning, preparation and effort on the day.

With fans travelling, it would give them some excitement going into the season and a nice way for the club to shake off some of the negative PR from the sale of Macaulay Langstaff. Allowing fans to watch the team train doesn't take much effort, plus is a very nice insight for those who would be able to make it.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,483
  • Days Won:  287

If you can speak English and German, you can understand it. It just looks a bit like drunk German 😉 I'm learning a bit of Dutch right now as it's a great place and so much of the vocabulary is familiar.

Another open day would be great, but given the choice I think most people would rather watch us play a match in Duisburg than train at a training camp. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,052
  • Days Won:  162

On 19/07/2024 at 18:34, Piethagoram said:

Ajax are at the same training camp

😂😂 this is the real reason notts lost, star struck by seeing ajax they both went out for drinks. to be serious, its cool notts had this chance to train somewhere ajax has themselves.

• Surprised 1