The story of a match fixer

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,750
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Moses Swaibu was one of the brightest prospects in Crystal Palace's youth ranks, but he ended up in a shady world of cash, danger and fixing rather than football's limelight.

• Surprised 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,965
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I honestly don't know how match fixers can continue to have a career in football; I wouldn't want them at Notts. I think it's graceful when you put cheating ahead of your own talent, it's the easy root to try to get money, but it's more honourable to earn it perfecting your craft.

Del Facey ended up in trouble for match fixing, there was another ex Notts player too.

I know, Cristiano Montano did, but it's not him I am thinking of. it's someone else from the period when Facey was here.

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

I don't like how match fixers try to get people to feel sorry for them. They have become professional footballers, which is something many people would love to do. So, I don't feel sorry for them when they want more money, even though they already have good wages.

• Love 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

Sam Sodje was also involved in match fixing, not sure if it happened when he was at Notts but he intentionally got sent off whilst playing for Portsmouth.

I’ve heard the podcast advertised on BBC5Live but I’ve not got round to listening to it yet, I will though because it does sound very intriguing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a similar story came out in a few years, with betting in football and footballers being involved again. Given you can bet on pretty much anything occurring in a football match now yellow cards, penalties, number of offsides, goal kicks inside the first minute...

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  616
  • Days Won:  1

It makes you wonder if there should be a ban on certain bets, like those involving being sent off or getting yellow cards. Fixing a scoreline would be harder to do without being obvious, I would think.

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,750
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

The arrests came after Sodje, 34, was filmed claiming he could arrange for players to pick up yellow cards in exchange for cash

@menzinho @Chris A double helping of Sodje and Montano!

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,882
  • Days Won:  162

ban them from life, if you match fix or cheat they should never get a chance to represent another club. i would not trust them no matter how sorry they made themselves seem. they are not victims, they are greedy cheaters.

• Like 1