So Who Is The Greatest?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,228
  • Days Won:  17

Putting Football Aside For The Moment. Another one of my Interests is Music. Being born in the Late 50's, my teenage years were the 1970's and it's that Era which shaped my Music Listening. So I Thought I will Share with you, who in my opinion are the Greatest  Lead Guitarist, Drummer, Bassist and Vocalist from the 70's onward.

Lead Guitarist Jimi Hendrix. The Greatest without a Shadow of a Doubt, no one before or since has been able to touch Jimi playing an Electric Guitar.

Drummer John Bonham (Led Zeppelin) Bonzo had a Unique style and Incredible Talent.

Bassist Lemmy (Motorhead) Along with his Bass playing his Gravely Vocals gave his Band a Unique Sound.

Vocalist This for me was my most difficult decision.  Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) Eric Burdon (The Animals) Freddie Mercury (Queen) all have or had an Incredible Vocal range, but just Shading the Top Spot for me is Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson, who's vocal range can change in an Instant and has helped push Maiden to the Heights of Music Immortality.

So Who Are Your Favourites in the Categories, I've Mentioned? We can do a Female list another Time.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,939
  • Days Won:  180
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I was always a heavy rock fan and I think the period between 1969 & 1976 the heavy rock scene was at its best in my opinion.

My most favourite group was Uriah Heep & their line up between 1969 &1975 were my favourite.

My second favourite band was Deep Purple of the same period.

As for the greatest guitarist, Hendrix takes some beating but his career was short, which is a pity.

My favourite & I think the best Guitarist is Richie Blackmore of Deep Purple. His guitar riffs are fantastic. I also rate Mick Box of Uriah Heep highly too. 

The best drummer I've seen Ginger Baker who was a member of Cream. I also think Ian Paice of Deep Purple is pretty good too.

The best vocalist is difficult because there are so many great ones. I don't think that most will agree because they have their favourites.

Because I was into heavy rock my favourite is Ian Gillan of Deep Purple, with David Byron of Uriah Heep not far behind. If you pushed me for the best I'd go for Freddy Mercury.

The best bassist is more difficult but there are two that I felt were pretty good, John Deacon of Queen & Eric Haydock, an original member of the Hollies. If I had to choose the best I'd go for John Deacon of Queen.

I don't think we should forget key boards. Ken Hensley was pretty good on the Keyboards. I think Rick Wakeman of Yes is the best keyboard player.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,804
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Vocalist: Mick Jagger

Lead guitar: Keith Richards

Bass Guitar: Bill Wyman

Drummer: Charlie Watts

Guess my favourite group. :joker:

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,228
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie

A Fellow Heavy Rock Fan Eh? I was certainly into most of the Bands you have Mentioned. Deep Purple, Black Sabbath where's we have to acknowledge both Ozzy and Toni Iommi. Come to think of it Bill Ward wasn't to Bad on Drums either. Free, Jethro Tull Ian Anderson best Flutist, I also a Big Fan of an American Rock Band called Mountain, with Les West on Lead Guitar and Felix Papalardi on Bass. Another favourite of Mine was Dutch Group Focus. Their Lead Singer Thijs Van Leer also had an Interesting vocal range and Lead Guitarist Jan Ackerman was also Impressive. Purple's Ian Gillan Great vocalist, he rendition of Sweet Child In Time from Deep Purple in Rock Album well just listen to it. Uriah Heep wasn't a Band I listened much to, but I enjoyed their single The Wizard I think it was called, or was it The Magician's Birthday or am I Totally on the wrong Track here? Cream wasn't a Band I was really into, but there are a few of their songs I enjoyed. The Marmalade track Reflections of My Life, Superb. Perhaps I should make a List of Favourite songs from each Group I Liked. Mind You, that would probably just Go On and on and on....etc.

@Fan of Big Tone

To Be Honest Mate, I Haven't Got A Clue.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1