Match Discussion: Game 13 - The Bluebirds (A)   Live

PON_News

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,321
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie

Do you think the worry of the Risks of Further Injuries are playing their Part in Stuart Maynard's Thinking? He seems to Lost all Interest in the Pattern of Play Notts had the Start of the Current Campaign and is Rapidly heading Back to Playing the Notts "Model" hoping this type of Football will bring the Necessary Amount of Points to Avoid Relegation.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

Performances can fluctuate, but as long as we remain focused and strive for improvement, that’s satisfactory for me. I think we could really benefit from a boost in confidence, as we seem to be experiencing a challenging period right now. Still, it’s always a positive sign when we begin to find our rhythm during games. While we may have been a bit fortunate with the penalty decision, we certainly earned that point.

Also, drawing 1-1 away from home is a clear indicator of a team chasing promotion; it’s certainly better than leaving with no points at all. These results show that we’re capable of competing, and if we can build on this, we’ll be in a strong position moving forward.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,321
  • Days Won:  17

Not having the Data to hand @Robbie. You've stated this time last Season Notts had let in 25 goals, where as this season it's 12. but how many Goals had Notts scored this time last season compared to this Season? I think it will be a lot more. The Notts defense have tightened up a lot more than last season, but losing a Match 4-3 under Williams compared to 1-0 under Maynard, it's Still a Loss.

I get the feeling reading Comments on here from PON Members the Big Worry is the Magpies Slipping back into Dull Tippy Tappy Football of Last Season. It seems Most Fans prefer the more Adventurous  Type of Football Maynard got the Magpies playing at the Start of this Campaign. The Real Big Plus (at the moment) is the way Stuart Maynard and the Squad are coping with the Injured Players who are Missing from the Notts Ranks. The Main Question Is, For How Much Longer? The Run of Matches and Tough Training is eventually Going To Take It's Toll on the Remaining Squad Members. Yes we all want to see Didzy start along side Jatta, but with the Greatest of Respect, Eventually Didzy is going to start Feeling the Strain, and his Body may Not be able to Cope. It could be time for Stuart Maynard to Blood Some Of His Youngsters.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,425
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

For me 12 goals conceded rather than 25 conceded under Williams after 13 games is a fantastic improvement.

We now have a goal difference of 9 this year compared to only 3  under Williams after 13 games.

Yes, we scored 28 but let in 25. We certainly don't want to get back to that sort of thing again.

I don't want to see Notts in any games where it's 5:5 or down to a loss of 3:2. That's not going to get a side promotion. We saw that last year.

If those scores were on a regular basis, Stuart & his team would soon be in for criticism.

Notts are doing the right thing by having a mean defence & being more defensive minded. Long may it continue.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,504
  • Days Won:  287

To do well in this league you have to be hard to beat. This season we have lost 2 out of 13 and are unbeaten away from home. A solid defence is the foundation you need for that; build on it and you have a promotion contender. We didn't have that foundation last season and eventually it dragged us down the table - we were needing to score 3 or 5 even to draw. This season so far, if we score just once there's a good chance we'll be drawing at least. And having lost Langstaff, Nemane and now Jones, scoring 21 goals (making us the third highest scorers) is more than decent.

It wasn't a great game and in the first half we were dreadful, but I'm encouraged by the fact that we hung on and found a way back into it. We deserved the point, but could easily have come away empty-handed as we looked toothless going forward. I hope that improves!