Notts County vs Shrewsbury Town

PON_News

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Another point while I'm on a rant!

I'm not a keen gardener or proclaim to be, but the state of the pitch was poor today. It's no use going over the same old ground (pun intended) again, but when the players were finding it difficult to keep their footing in the first half, why the bloody hell did they leave sprinklers on for 15 minutes at half time?

Is someone reading a different weather report to me? Were they not seeing the players fall on their arses regularly due to the pitch being muddy in the first half?

Silly things like that make us look like a cowboy outfit, not a pro club.

I agree, I couldn't believe they put the sprinklers on before the match and at half time with the weather we have had of late, what's that all about?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

the way we lost the game was hobble. why do supporters have to witness a crumbling side which cant man up to a poor team? shews played very poorly.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  2

I still sense some angry fans here.

You started brightly, shown class and took two early chances. The penalty was clear from where I sat, no disputes about that. I do feel there is little credit for the way played, we did ok. Obviously at the end we left with all three points. That will do me!

I felt for you guys though, the referee was a little baffling but not as bad as some suggest. Good luck, I still think we are going down.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

Defeated and probably down now, the players cant fight back and shrewsbury wanted the result more than us. first 20 minutes we looked like we would slaughter them, yet the second half we was turned into a side which looked as if they no ability what so ever!

Very annoyed myself, even today.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Well It's all been said above.I commented to Joe about the sprinklers.Strange to say the least                                                                                                                        It was nice to meet @Cobby and see him interviewing.It was also a very pleasant surprise when @tonyhateley appeared from nowhere with young George.I wish we'd had more time for a proper chat and also given George chance to get used to us . We also had a few minutes with @magpiejue and her family.

The sending off was too far away for me to comment on but a Shrews player should definitely vave been sent off (perhaps that's what @MuddyPatchPie's referring to)All in all very disappointing.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

You have to question the players commitment to the club when they are on loan,short term deals or their contract is about to expire! How many of them would stay, if offered a contract, if we get relegated?! Sheehan is the exception as he gave his all yesterday. Some may have already got offers on the table from other clubs. Derry alluded that there were still problems off the field.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
It was also a very pleasant surprise when @tonyhateley appeared from nowhere with young George.I wish we'd had more time for a proper chat and also given George chance to get used to us .

It would take more than a few minutes for George to get used to you, he takes a while but then you'd probably wish he hadn't because he is so loud. Sorry it was short and sweet @super_ram I promise next time I'll stop for more of a chat.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

No need to apologise @tonyhateley,you did have things to do. At the time I wondered why @notts-joe had a funny look on his face,I didn't expect you to suddenly be at the side of me and it did startle me a bit.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

@super-ram was dead chuffed to meet so many members but very disappointed with the result.

Archived