Brentford FC vs Notts County

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I'm optimistic we can at least get a point, which would feel like a win.

COYP

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Ooooooooo.

Okay, I'm going drown my sorrows. 3-1 is totally unacceptable and least not expected. I lie! Oh dear, we can bounce back!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Unfortunately, this was no more or less than expected if we're being realists. Now let the games begin because the confidence needs to be back by next weekend or we are stuffed!

Hope the lads and Derry can put this behind them. A shame HH wont be with us next weekend, but sounded like it was deserved.

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Started off alright but once the penalty incident occured this was only ever going to be one result, it was just a case of by how many. When you fall behind with thatlong left and have to chase the game with 10 men you'll always do well to get anything. Fair play to the lads, they all worked their socks off and by the end you could tell the effort they'd put in was taking it's toll. Third goal wasparticularly dissapointing - Bart made 2/3 saves but Judge finally beat him whilst the defence just stood and watched instead of trying to clear it.

Notts fans were fantastic today - non stop singing from half hour before KO to long after full time. Great support and some great laughs too.

Just our luck that all the sides down the bottom won but I still think we'll do it, although I do think it'll go down to that final game at Oldham

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It's typical all the other games went against us, why is it when we lose everyone else wins.

Oh hum, realistically they were always going to win and the sending off just sealed our fate. We can still survive but it is a tall order and getting taller by the minute.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  1

First and foremost we need to keep 11 players on the park, this will at least give us a fighting chance.

It's not over yet, but we're where we are for a reason, we haven't been good enough all season

COYP

I should never have said Judge wouldn't score, I honestly felt he wouldn't but this is what happens when you say something. From what I have heard he played really well for them, after his move to Blackburn a short loan spell seems to have revived him. It's a shame we couldn't have reduced the gap, I did feel we might be able to pull it back to 2-2 (when down by 2).

However Judges second goal sentenced us, from 3-0 I couldn't see us pulling that back.

Spencer, was his goal good? I could take a few comforts if it was a belter but a scrappy goal, wouldn't leave much but it is good he scored. Oh well #greatescapeon

Judge was good, but only really showed after the sending off.

I'm not sure having 11 would have stopped us losing, but it may have influence in the game(s) he's banned for which is a real concern

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

we can still do it.

glad judgey played well. but can we still stay up????

Are you really asking this question? Ofcourse we can, and we will.

Supporter+

I like your spirit. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Certainly not the outcome we needed. We can do better and need to.

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

less than a win on saturday and we will be firmly back in the sticky stuff, i think we will survive but saturday will tell us more.

gutted that we lost hollis and lost by 2 goals, at least spencer scored!

Supporter+

I wasn't there but I listened to the radio and Uncle Colin and Dean Yates thought the substitution of Murray was unusual, they said that Tyson had contributed little and he should have been taken off.

I think the idea was that Spencer was more of a target and an outlet, unfortunately it didn't work that way and the longer ball for 'Merry' to chase could have been more useful

Just listening to a repeat of tonight's Matchtalk. It ppears Hollis is only suspended for one game - the Port Vale game, as opposed to three.

Supporter+

Just listening to a repeat of tonight's Matchtalk. It ppears Hollis is only suspended for one game - the Port Vale game, as opposed to three.

Yes, chippers said that but I thought it was serious foul play which is a three match ban. :huh2:

I hope it is only 1 match, he has been immense since he came into the team.

From the interview I've just read from Derry it implies it is a one game ban. The really worrying part though it is says Leacock will come in as his replacement. I thought I'd seen the last of him in a Notts shirt, but maybe he'll get one last chance on Saturday. We need the points so he needs to concentrate on the game, stop mouthing off and stop putting his hair back into place. (Not a great haircut in the first place Dean. Seriously change your barber!)

Yes, chippers said that but I thought it was serious foul play which is a three match ban. :huh2:

I hope it is only 1 match, he has been immense since he came into the team.

Who knows what the ref really sent him off for? Probably because he was wearing a Notts County shirt.

From the interview I've just read from Derry it implies it is a one game ban. The really worrying part though it is says Leacock will come in as his replacement. I thought I'd seen the last of him in a Notts shirt, but maybe he'll get one last chance on Saturday. We need the points so he needs to concentrate on the game, stop mouthing off and stop putting his hair back into place. (Not a great haircut in the first place Dean. Seriously change your barber!)

I am not Deano's biggest fan myself, however I am prepared to give him a chance. I do wonder what is wrong with Manny Smith, does anyone know if he's injured? He had a couple of iffy games and nothing since.

I am not Deano's biggest fan myself, however I am prepared to give him a chance. I do wonder what is wrong with Manny Smith, does anyone know if he's injured? He had a couple of iffy games and nothing since.

Not injured as far as I know. Shame really as you say, a couple of iffy games, but apart from that looked solid. In another situation I expect he would have been kept in for a longer run and the iffy sections would have been put down to finding his ffet after such a long time without first team football, but in our situation maybe SD has said perfect or bust!

I'd sooner play my Granny than Leacock at the back. He's been awful this season and just dosen't look interested. He spent more time combing his hair back into place on Saturday than doing any defending of any sort

Supporter+

I'd sooner play my Granny than Leacock at the back. He's been awful this season and just dosen't look interested. He spent more time combing his hair back into place on Saturday than doing any defending of any sort

Is she any good?

Is she any good?

She's lost a yard or two of pace over the years nd she's not as mobile as she once was, but she's not afraid to get stuck in. Old fashioned centre half ;)

Archived