Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Pride of Nottingham (Notts County Community)

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Current Starting 11?

Topic summaryPre-match
A concise catch-up with the discussion overview, a few key points, and one deeper preview from this topic.
View summaryHide summary

Discussion overview

The discussion centres around selecting a potential starting eleven for upcoming matches, considering player performances in recent games and current injuries. The initial post proposes a line-up based on the first nine matches of the season, with particular focus on the left wingback position and the midfield.

Key points

  • The user has proposed a starting eleven.
  • The poster feels the goalkeeper and defence 'pick themselves'.
  • There's debate around the best option for left wingback, with consideration given to Lipsuic and Samuels-Smith.

Worth thinking about preview

What are the key strengths and weaknesses of the proposed starting eleven?

Featured Replies

With no matches to discuss but having now played 9 matches (including 1 Cup & 1 Trophy match) we’ve been able to see the new players in action and see how last seasons players have adapted to the step up. We still have some injures but by the time Oxford rolls around who would you pick to start if the power was in your hands?

My starting 11 would be:

Belshaw

Gibbons Ness Bedeau

Tsaroulla Palmer Finneran Samuels-Smith

Cooper Mustapha

Kanu

The keeper and defence picks itself for me, but one of the tougher decisions was at left wingback. I think Lipsuic has been solid but being on the ‘wrong-side’ hampers him a bit, especially going forward. I would like to see him play on the right-hand side. I’ve not seen a lot of Samuels-Smith but he is very athletic and naturally left-footed I just have a hunch that he could be most suited here.

In terms of the midfield, I think Evans is great in terms of tenacity and pressing, but with Palmer back in the middle it potentially frees up Finneran a bit more to do this. I think a partnership of Palmer and Finneran allows us to be more in control and build out from the back more effectively.

Finally the last attacking spot was between Mustapha and Roberts. I think the athleticism and dynamism of Mustapha just shaded it, but I’m pretty 50/50 because Cal has been more of goal threat and his set-pieces are more often than not very effective too. I genuinely wouldn’t mind either or even both starting.

Upfront I went for Kanu, he was really impressive on loan at Walsall and I don’t think we have seen the best of him yet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.