Ellen White Injury Blow

Harrys_Mummy

Just found this on the ladies website:

Ellen White is facing a spell on the side lines after picking up a cruciate ligament injury in Notts County's pre-season campaign.

The England international suffered the injury in County’s last pre-season friendly against Durham Women, and scans later showed the Magpie’s worst fears as it was confirmed that the striker had injured her cruciate ligaments in her knee.

Notts County manager Rick Passmoor said “It’s bad news for us, everyone is aware of Ellen’s ability, we’ve had a great pre-season and we were all ready to go. It’s a set back but it gives the opportunity for other players to step up into the role. Jess Clarke has started really well for us playing up front, she’s got three goals already. It’s a blow for us, and for Ellen, but we’ll be working hard to get Ellen back to fitness and we look forward to welcoming her back into the team.â€

- Source: nclfc.co.uk

I wouldn't say it was a 'major' blow, although Ellen White is a quality player. She isn't really known for her goal scoring, not that I doubt she wouldn't be able to hit the ground running with our lady team. I just think it's not really a big thing, she'll be saved for the later stages now for when she can impact games and perhaps when we need a striker like her.

Jess Clarke is very impressive, very robust and quick.

No doubt for Ellen it will be a major blow though, she'll want to be playing and injuring your knee is no fun. Good luck to her and for a speedy recovery!

no doubt a loss to the ladies squad but we should cope, the ladies game is more about team work rather than individuals. its just those like ellen white who are naturally gifted stand out, i hope she recovers quickly. 

no doubt a loss to the ladies squad but we should cope, the ladies game is more about team work rather than individuals. its just those like ellen white who are naturally gifted stand out, i hope she recovers quickly. 

This seems to be the case. The team seem to be far more important than the players as such. Hope she recovers quickly though. The more strength in depth the better.

Archived