Jeremy Balmy

Canadian

I don't want to be negative but I have a very, very, low opinion on him as a footballer.

He came on earlier last season, I think it was Peterborough at home and he was shocking. I will note, he looked "nervous" and "surprised", also CK threw him on at a time where it wouldn't have helped but fans became very vocal towards him. He appears different under Derry, great lad btw. I was at the Youth Award Night and he came across and shook my hand (though admittedly I have no idea what he said - very soft spoken).

At Arnold I was the one surprised, he looked mobile and very useful. Now, I am reserving the opinion because he needs to do this in league games but I'm just happy seeing any player do well. I naturally want them to do well, however I fear he's not going to live up to the reputation which some fans now hold over him.

Only time will tell..

I like him, but then again, I'm having to just hear about it, couldnt tell unless I saw him play. Might have to finally sign myself up for the magpie player and have a gander at it all. I like breaking down players. and usually i'm quite good at seeing the gems in the rough of it all.

I like him, but then again, I'm having to just hear about it, couldnt tell unless I saw him play. Might have to finally sign myself up for the magpie player and have a gander at it all. I like breaking down players. and usually i'm quite good at seeing the gems in the rough of it all.

Just don't listen to the match on saturday (You might be listening to it on Sunday, LMAO)

Supporter+

Jury is still out. SD is giving him plenty of game in the friendlies which will build up his confidence. Will he do well in League One? I have my doubts but we'll see. 

Yesterday in the game against Derby he did quite well, however his first contribution was giving the ball away and that nearly resulted in us being punished. Derry will be the right type of person to mentor him, a lad like Balmy could do with adding a bit of bulk but nothing which would interfere with how tricky he can be due to his slenderness.

He was very easily nudged off the ball and at times spent far too long trying to appeal for fouls.

From what I have seen in the friendlies, I see a player in the making and not a first team player. That's alright we can introduce him as a sub and start when suited, however he really needs time to devolope and if I was Derry I would loan him out (which we can't afford to do).

He was tricky, inventive and enthusiastic.The conditions didn't help him.I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a Notts favourite.

Making a pre-season name for himself.

Good for a few reasons.

Shows what a player can do under Derry and Abbott when they focus on them.

Might turn out to be a diamond player who will progress well. We really do need a few young diamonds to come through. 

Lots talked about, not alot do it.

Making a pre-season name for himself.

Good for a few reasons.

Shows what a player can do under Derry and Abbott when they focus on them.

Might turn out to be a diamond player who will progress well. We really do need a few young diamonds to come through.

Lots talked about, not alot do it.

You make a very valid point, GA and SD are doing wonders with our youngsters. They will come on in leaps and bounds!

Archived