Delroy's been a naughty boy

Feral Fox

Former Notts County striker Delroy Facey charged with conspiracy to commit bribery

By Nottingham Post  |  Posted: September 01, 2014

6849705-large.jpg

Delroy Facey (left) in action for Notts County

Comments (1)

The former Notts County striker Delroy Facey has been charged with conspiracy to commit bribery.

The charges relate to the ongoing National Crime Agency investigation into match-fixing allegations in which footballers were paid to influence the outcome of games.

Facey, 34, of Huddersfield, will appear at Cannock Magistrates tomorrow.

Facey has had a long career in football and last enjoyed a spell at Hereford United.

He also played for Hull City, West Brom, Oldham and Lincoln.

Facey also had a spell at Notts where he played 63 games scoring 11 goals from 2008 to 2010.

The National Crime Agency's investigation into match-fixing is continuing having already secured convictions of Chann Sankaran, Krishna Ganeshan and Michael Boateng of conspiracy to commit bribery.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notts-County-striker-Delroy-Facey-charged/story-22859386-detail/story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&ut#ixzz3C4oCs6sC

Read more at http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notts-County-striker-Delroy-Facey-charged/story-22859386-detail/story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&ut#TDRds6eJDqHr5a7S.99

Supporter+

I hope it wasn't during his time with us! If guilty, a lifetime ban from all football related activity.

• 2 weeks later...
Supporter+

anymore news on this? if it happened whilst he was with us, it would be shocking.

I guess we'll get the details of how and when once the trial starts. I doubt it happened while with us but you never know. It has nothing to do with the club, this is one individual deciding to be greedy.

I wouldn't have thought it was whilst he was with us.

He became a sort of underdog hero for us, if proved to be guilty it will be sad. Perhaps an end to his cult hero statues, though his footballing career should really have been over a few years back.

Archived