Ban it or keep it...

Feral Fox

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

No not the new MAD members. Just saw a trailer for the Discovery Channels newest idea. Eaten alive by a snake. Basic premise is guys gets suited up and then goes to tackle a massive Anaconda, enticing it to swallow him whole, while recording it.

Wow. Different I suppose, but apparently 21,000 have so far signed a petition to ban it on the animal cruelty side of things.

Where do you sit? Ban or erm, interesting and might watch it?

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/eaten-alive

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I am interested...

How will he get out of the snake?

I can see the point, about the snake being harmed, potential for it to feel full constantly and not feed....

I love the fact that we can be in touch with nature, and some of the documentaries are remarkable and rightly win awards, but IMO this is going to far

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Right, he didn't just do what I thought he did right?

He didn't just put a suit on so that the snake could eat him, TV's just became weird these days. Really, I found it hard to watch and I turned off as he seemed to be crouching down. This should be on YouTube :P

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

He hasn't been eaten yet, in that trailer, he does all the prep, and then you are invited to watch the remainder of the show.

Not something I would watch

Not 'eaten' until early December.

I wonder if anyone has told the snake he has got to wait for his dinner so long?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Stupid,ridiculous and pointless.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,301
  • Days Won:  69

I agree with granny.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

i actually think its interesting in a weird way, surely there is a chance this could backfire tho?

• 4 weeks later...

US TV News Eaten Alive snake documentary airs on Discovery, no-one gets eaten By Katy Finbow Monday, Dec 8 2014, 14:11 GMT

10Shares
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+
The Discovery documentary in which a filmmaker had promised to get eaten by a snake had a distinct lack of anyone getting eaten.

Paul Rosolie's Eaten Alive aired on US television last night (December 7), and showed the naturalist and his team tracking down a 20ft anaconda in the Amazon before backing out of the final stunt.

ustv-eaten-alive-paul-rosolie-4.jpg

© Discovery / Facebook

Rosolie donned a special 'snake-proof' suit, covered in armour and pig's blood, and approached the snake with the intention of letting it eat him. 

However, after the snake attached itself to Rosolie's head and tightened its grip around the filmmaker's body, Rosolie called for the help of his team and the stunt was over. 

Despite promising that he would be entirely "eaten", Rosolie claimed that the snake's grip was nearly breaking his arm, which left viewers disappointed with the 90 minutes they had spent watching the documentary. 

ustv-eaten-alive-paul-rosolie-2.jpg

© Discovery / Facebook

Rosolie said: "The last thing I remember was her mouth open wide and everything went black. I went limp and let it constrict. All the while I was just thinking, 'Eat, eat, eat!'

"She wrapped around me and I felt my suit cracking and my arms ripping out of their sockets."

The filmmaker also revealed that the snake was constricting him for around an hour before he called to be rescued. 

Eaten Alive will air on UK television on Friday, December 12 at 9pm. Some reactions to the stunt are below:

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a615201/eaten-alive-snake-documentary-airs-on-discovery-no-one-gets-eaten.html#~oXSXxDDjWTyp2t#ixzz3LL7D2Oq1 

Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I think its quite pointless, but everyone likes different things.

Archived