Santa special

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Taking four grandchildren on the Santa Special steam train on Sunday, should be good fun, we went last year and the grown ups get a snifter of spirits and a mince pie, the kids get to see Santa at the end of the train, we never had anything like this when we were kids but then again all the trains were steam in those days. :biggrin:

I'll report back and let you know how it went, the weather forecast doesn't sound too good, windy and heavy driving rain.

:hohoho: (I've been dying to use that smiley)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Tis a good event to do once. We were planning it before xmas weekend, but tbh the price for us grandparents and 2 kids was too much with a meal at the pub afterwards. Going with a garden centre to see the man himself, then to Burnstump for a meal instead.

Supporter+

Tis a good event to do once. We were planning it before xmas weekend, but tbh the price for us grandparents and 2 kids was too much with a meal at the pub afterwards. Going with a garden centre to see the man himself, then to Burnstump for a meal instead.

We are cheapskates we'll come back home for a meal, far too expensive with four grandchildren. We are doing it this weekend because we won't see our eldest two grandchildren again until Jan 17th. :ohdear:

We are cheapskates we'll come back home for a meal, far too expensive with four grandchildren. We are doing it this weekend because we won't see our eldest two grandchildren again until Jan 17th. :ohdear:

Hope you enjoy the ride and Santa brings all the grandkids what they want for Xmas.:)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Hope you all have a lovely day out.Make sure you're all well wrapped up.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

My eldest grand-daughter Alicia now aged 9, was taken on the Santa Special at Butterley, when she was about 3 years old, she saw Santa and when he asked her, her name, she told him it was "Julie" lol. She does love her nanna. Bless her  :rolleyes:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Taking four grandchildren on the Santa Special steam train on Sunday, should be good fun, we went last year and the grown ups get a snifter of spirits and a mince pie, the kids get to see Santa at the end of the train, we never had anything like this when we were kids but then again all the trains were steam in those days. :biggrin:

I'll report back and let you know how it went, the weather forecast doesn't sound too good, windy and heavy driving rain.

:hohoho: (I've been dying to use that smiley)

I thought it was chariots when you were young @tonyhateley.Hee Hee.Enjoy yourselves.Looking forward to your report.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have no idea about this but it might be added to my list, once I pass my driving test and get a car. ;)

Hopefully next year! Have fun Tony..

My eldest grand-daughter Alicia now aged 9, was taken on the Santa Special at Butterley, when she was about 3 years old, she saw Santa and when he asked her, her name, she told him it was "Julie" lol. She does love her nanna. Bless her  :rolleyes:

No doubt the name which means the world to her! ;)

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I am a bad parent, I didn't allow mine to go and see the imitation Santa's, they had to wait for the real one that came on Christmas eve night.

Sorry kids :hmm:

Supporter+

Fantastic day on the Santa special, the kids loved it. Santa was at the end of the train and the children were sent a carriage at a time, they were very happy with their presents which were good quality, not rubbishy cheap ones. The grown ups got a miniature bottle of spirits to drink or take home and a mince pie, I thought it was a bit mean to bring mince pies round and then say they were just for the adults though, poor kids. Although our eldest two just took one before we realised they were for adults only, they were going to take a miniature bottle of spirits too until I stopped them. Lol.

A good long train ride, a trip to see Santa, presents for the kids, a puppet show at the end, model trains sets to look at, the cost was £13 for adults and £11 for children. There was a Tombola as well and one of the grandchildren won four prizes out of five tickets for a pound! Not bad going.

post-69-0-20707300-1417969659_thumb.jpeg

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Nice pic @tonyhately.Glad you all enjoyed it.Thanks for the update.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

A good day out all round @tonyhateley.Glad everyone enjoyed it.Thanks for the update.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Looks like you all had a fantastic day. Bet the children loved it. 

It really is a good day out. Glad it went down well. :)

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

@tonyhateley grab the grandchild who won the prizes, interrogate them into giving us the next lotto numbers :devil:

Archived