Derby v Chesterfield

PTID1862

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Locally this has to be up there as the standout tie in the fourth round of the FA cup. Having seen off Scunthorpe, Chesterfield now look to do a Ram-raid on neighbours and championship high fliers Derby County.

The tie gives Paul Cook the chance to put one over on ex England manager and honorary cloggy Scchteve McLaren.

@super_ram surely being the cup, and a local derby, this is the worst kind of banana skin.....

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'll write Chesterfield off now, they'll fail epically.

Stating 'focused on the league' is the reason, to which I hope they burn out in. If we overachieved, they are. I'm just randomly typing!! I hope it's a good game but wish for the Rams to thrash them.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I don't know how motivated Derby will be for this game. They struggled mightily to see off Southport in the last round. We would imagine that they will not want to lose to a local rival at home so will put in a big effort against Chesterfield. I can't see Chesterfield going through. Derby will dispatch them at home. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Locally this has to be up there as the standout tie in the fourth round of the FA cup. Having seen off Scunthorpe, Chesterfield now look to do a Ram-raid on neighbours and championship high fliers Derby County.

The tie gives Paul Cook the chance to put one over on ex England manager and honorary cloggy Scchteve McLaren.

@super_ram surely being the cup, and a local derby, this is the worst kind of banana skin.....

Super's more concerned about the next match @PTID1862.(Can't imagine why :angel: )

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

An extended cup run is always nice @PTID1862 but the league(and as granny mentioned ,our next match in particular) is my main concern.A banana skin result would be very embarrassing but I'm not worried to be honest.

I don't know how motivated Derby will be for this game. They struggled mightily to see off Southport in the last round. We would imagine that they will not want to lose to a local rival at home so will put in a big effort against Chesterfield. I can't see Chesterfield going through. Derby will dispatch them at home. 

Southport gave a very good account of themselves and received a lot of praise even though they were under siege for most of the match.It will be seen as a very big game by Chesterfield so no doubt they will try and put on a good display.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Next match? It will just be like playing a Non League side.

All of PoN and Notts will be behind Derby, mind it could be their turn around. If they ever needed something to relight their season it's Derby day.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I really hope Derby thrash the spireites I used to work in Chesterfield and still get stick from their fans when they are doing well.

And of course I will be willing the Rams to victory this Saturday.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

come on derby, i dont like them! nice ground though, my first away game was at chesterfield this season.

Archived