Swindon Town vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

Derry needs to stamp down on the silly cards, not all are but Noble was a joke today. That said I don't blame him for losing. I expected it to happen!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  455
  • Days Won:  2

Did anyone really think this might not happen? it takes more than a few signings to solve our problems but we just need to grind results and rebuild.

Today's result us disappointing but hardlyva disaster.

Sack Derry? What happened to "Legenderry".

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

God knows how we lost that 3-0.

For the first hour I honestly thought we were excellent today. Their defence looked very shakey and we really should have been winning within the first few minutes but for a couple of superb saves from their keeper. Swindon grew into it and were keeping the ball well, but we were keeping our shape and they weren't really creating anything. As a result of that the home crowd were starting to get on their backs and frustration was creeping in.

Then they go 1-0 up out of absolutely nothing. Good finish from their lad though I guess you can look at our defence and ask how he had the time to pick his spot and shoot the way he did. Avoidable, but thats the difference between the top sides and the bottom sides - that ability to grab a goal from nothing.

Once they scored we folded like a deck chair. The penalty a couple of minutes later was dubious to say the least, but the way Roy Carroll carried on at the officials was downright embarrassing - the referee isn't going to suddenly change his mind and wipe that goal out ten minutes later is he? Sort it out Roy for christ sake.

Credit to our lads we kept huffing and puffing and had a few half chances, but the third goal was truly woefull.

And Liam Noble, well he should never play for this club again in my opinion - his red card today was absolutely pathetic, just constant arguing with the ref even after being booked. The bloke's too much of a liability and I wouldn't have him anywhere near the side again - sod him off.

Deffinitely a lot more positives than what I saw at Bristol City. There was a clear attacking threat in JCR and Paddy on the wings with Lita the lone striker. He did alright today, but the problem was there was nobody there to gamble on the flick ons so he had a pretty impossible job. But given a run of games together surely that force will bear fruit. Mind you it'd be nice if JCR actually crossed the ball occasionally rather than trying 87 stepovers before losing the ball.

Gutted by that, 3-0 isn't a fair reflection at all, honestly felt we were on for a point or three for the first hour, but the game changed in a split second and that was goodnight irene. So frustrating.

Will we stay up? If we start taking our chances we should get the points we require, but it worries me how long we've been saying that...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  3

Can't quite agree with weymouthPIE but we will both have a biased view.

You started very well and Wes Foderinham was forced into two good stops in the first five minutes: I was fearing a Gillingham repeat but you could not keep it up.

Then we settled and played more like we did in December and January. John Swift, our No. 14, is a Chelsea loanee and he ran your defence ragged and his goal was an excellent finish. Penalty seemed harsh but the referee was poor throughout the match and I guess his decisions evened out. You played well again for a few minutes after the penalty and Wes had to save well from Liam Noble (I think). Then your indiscipline let you down.

Other posts on your site made Carroll's booking and Noble's dismissal not unexpected.

Gate was just over 8,000 which was good after three home home games in 12 days and our poor run of form.

Best wishes to all.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Thanks for the reports @weymouthPIE and @medievalmickey I was out with the family so unable to listen to uncle Colin on Radio Red but I did keep glancing on my phone and was pleased with 0-0 at half time but very disappointed with the end result. I don't think it effected the result but when are we going to sort out our discipline, another sending off for Noble what is wrong with him, did Carroll get booked today? He seems to get booked every game, how did Derry behave on the touch line? He and GA should be setting an example but I'm afraid they are very poor examples for the players, sort it out Notts.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

For me this is not the match to throw the toys out of the pram. Was pleased when I glanced at the mobile at half time to get 0-0 but expected a defeat. Sounds like we folded quicker than a pack of cards, but it was Swindon so move on.

Next couple of weeks will be telling for me. No points might mean no job for SD and GA I'm afraid.

All for stability. All from loyalty. All for seeing effort. Change over the river worked. In fear soon we will need to do the same.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  3

I was looking at thisisstfc forum this morning and Shaun Derry was apparently "gracious in defeat" but heated during the match. I sit opposite dugouts so cannot comment but one poster said that Shaun was lucky not to be sent off due to backchat. That poster felt that he was setting a bad example to his players  ... Roy Carroll and Liam Noble were both punished for "violence of the mouth".

Archived