• Bajner
    • Adams

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Difficult one today much improved as a team, but few stood out. In recent games it's been easier to judge the good due to the rest.being bad!
Newton for me going on Yates and Cols comments. Dummy played well. Spencer made a big difference and Gary T played well up front.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Jones - based on his first half display and an exceptional goal.

Newton is cr@p, he can't defend & he is worse than Adams! You could drive a Sherman tank down our left hand side, he is out of position 75% of the time. His opening minute header for their corner was awful and he didn't improve much after that. Indeed, at fault for their equaliser too. (Not sure what Col and Deano see in him tbh. They said he did well at MKD, everyone I have spoken to who went said he was attrocious!).

Spencer rarely threatened their goal, bar one cracking effort, but he is all class, neat touches and grit. Great to see him back.

Happy with Williams, he was composed and combative. Dumbuya was fine, but ran out of steam.

We should have held on after going in front against the run of play. Defending set pieces was dreadful - again.

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

I don't agree about Newton. Yes he made errors but he has a good left foot on him and hit a shot against the bar. I think given time to settle he could be a good attacking full back.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Newton for me didn't have a good game but he did far better than Adams, he defended unlike Adams and he actually held the ball. Adams had a poor game in my honest opinion, he was very wasteful.

Man of the Match for me was Spencer, how he held the ball up and linked play.

I don't think anyone can blame him for not creating his own chances because he played the role of many today, he played very deep at times and give them a lot to worry about. Perhaps not inside their area but others need to take his approach. He actually looked fit! Genuinely, his performance really impressed me because he didn't stop until he was taken off.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

That's the difficulty relying on Uncle Col. Over the radio he came over as a great addition to the team. As did Spencer. Like having a new signing!

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

For those that were there yesterday, given what you saw from JS & BB would you like to see them upfront together next week at Walsall & Coventry?

Joe - Adams was dire yesterday, agreed. However, he is a better left back than Newton, who is another "pub player". There is a reason why he is 26 & not had a League career - it's because he's hopeless. Sunday League defender, just a big lump with no finesse and zero positional awareness. He was diabolical yesterday, absolutely awful.

For those that were there yesterday, given what you saw from JS & BB would you like to see them upfront together next week at Walsall & Coventry?

No, not really. Bajner is too similar in style but not as dangerous, direct or effective as Spencer. If McCourt is back and JCR is fit then Thommo & Spencer would be my choice again. Granted he scored yesterday but he just doesn't pose the same threat as Spencer and moves tend to slow down or just fizzle out too often when Bajner falls over or loses possession.

Archived