Superstitions

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I sit next to @magpiejue at the match and she has a fit when Notts score and I get my phone out to text my son to tell him. She is superstitious that the opposition will score because I have sent a text. I totally ignore her and carry on because I'm not superstitious about that and if we concede a goal it will be a complete coincidence and not my fault. Would this bother you if you were unlucky enough to sit near me? :biggrin:

Are you superstitious? What form does it take? Tell us your story.

Perhaps @magpiejue will come on and tell us her side of the story and why she thinks me texting could possibly effect the outcome of the game. :joker:

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I'm pretty superstitious in some daft little ways. I refuse to mention anything about three points whilst we're winning until the full time whiste has blown, seen it come back to bite me far too often!

When I went up to ML last season I brought one of the legends of the lane shirts with Les Bradd on the back, which I occasionally wear when I do away trips with Weymouth. Can't really get away with wearing a proper Notts shirt as Weymouth's bitter rivals Dorchester also wear black & white! But Notts have an exceptionally good record when I've worn that shirt - in fact the MK Dons defeat was the first time we'd lost when I'd wore that shirt, so it did well for over a year! I'm sure it wasn't just coincidence ;)

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Well in the past when my mum has text my brother to tell him, Notts have scored, its always happened that the other team score just after, so now its just a big NO NO with us! So there you have it. Can't you remember Neil Warnock would never get his hair cut when we went on a run of wins. I can. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

None

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I used to have a few but having followed Notts for the last 30 years the one lesson that has been learnt is that it makes no odds, we are normally going to get beaten either way!!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i used to have some but you learn it makes no difference, i think some superstitions are plain daft.

Archived