Northampton Town (H)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Sadly Northampton's biggest battle this season has been in the courts rather than on the pitch. The winding up petition against them has been adjourned to November 30th. The players are the only ones being paid at present. Hopefully they get it sorted out. 

On the pitch, Northampton are flying high. They are currently 3rd in table with 31 points. That's 9 points ahead of Notts. They have scored 27 goals and conceded 21 goals. 

Their last game was a 1-0 win over Mansfield at home. They are still in the FA Cup after a fantastic 201 win over Coventry in the first round. They are on an unbeaten run of 5 games. Marc Richards is their danger man. 8 goals so far this season. Keep an eye out for 18 year old Dominic Calvert-Lewin. He has 5 goals so far and has the makings of a fine player. Brendan Maloney who spent time at the Lane could start at right back. 

Northampton are a team who like to play it around. They have pace and power in their side. However they are vulnerable at the back. They play Richards up front on his own, with 3 players supporting him and 2 defensive midfielders. The 3 supporting players could be any of 6. I think it will be Calvert-Lewin, D'Ath and Adams. 

I expect Notts to improve hugely from the debacle that was Salford. Northampton's style will suit us IMO. We have to watch their counter attacks, they get the ball up to Richards and support him on all sides. Will we win? Yes is my answer. Northampton are a good side but I expect a response from Notts. 2-1. Izzy and Noble. 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

well izzy won't score on Saturday for a start as he is suspended

Didn't know that. I've been concentrating on Northampton, I like what I've seen. Even without Izzy, which might be a good thing, I still think we'll win, but it's more a hope than a conviction......

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

and another great piece of news Jenner is suspended for 3 games which means finally snijders might get on the bench or in the starting 11.

As for Northamphton I don't really no much about there team the only team I've seen come here and outplay us was Pompey.

Plymouth defended most of the game here but used the counter very well but at home it's the major factor keeping Ricardo in the job.

No matter were anyone is in the table or how many goals they have scored they have came meadow lane and struggled.

But will Northamphton finally be the nail in the coffin not sure but we have to win if we are hoping for play offs cause 9 points behind.

Could be 12 if we lose and we are halfway thro November this is were you have to put the future and ambitions of the club we can't lose sight of the top 7.

Plus no Izale will be a miss as he always offers a threat on shoulders Stead hasn't got that instinct but I suppose play to steads strengths who knows.

I think we may lose this 2-0 on reasons that Northampton are in a bad state there playing there hearts out for the fans and I don't think our lot are physical enough.

Also play Curtis drop smith put Milsom on bench the guys played enough 90 mins to warrant a apperence surely and left back do we have a fit one.

Didn't know that. I've been concentrating on Northampton, I like what I've seen. Even without Izzy, which might be a good thing, I still think we'll win, but it's more a hope than a conviction......

Dunno when I've seen izzy he offers that threat on the shoulder that if you switch off for a second he's off we don't play to his strengths.

Salford hoofing a ball up to him isn't what he's about in my opinion give it him on the floor and let him get one on one .

Stead may be more then likely up top on his own with Campbell wide maybe Snidjers or de silva as Jenner is banned.

I don't think Northamphton are Amazin I mean the best side I've seen is Pompey they outplayed us for the majority of the game and played top stuff.

Spencer could even get a start not sure yet who knows all I know 9 points off play offs means we have to win to not slip away

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We should win this, though I'll take a draw - this said, what we need right now is a good run and for us to continue our home form.

Izale McLeod is honestly no big miss.

Yet, I think he would have caused trouble - it gives Spencer or whoever comes in a chance to step it up. We need this competition to keep players on the toes, which is something else McLeod could try to get used to (rather than spending large amounts of time on the floor). So yeah, two up top and the usual suspects. I want to witness a response and this is important.

I'm not reading into them beating Northampton, respect to Mansfield but they find certain teams difficult (just as we do).

• Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I have faith in the lads this weekend
quite a few changes from salford is in order.

Also I think moniz had been told that the home form MUST be better than the last 5 years. Which, by all accounts has improved

Notts 2 - 1 Northampton

Spencer & Da Silva

if de silva starts worrying about his hair cream an hair take him off can't stand it when players are more intrested in how there hair looks it's a football game

well lets hope he keeps the home form cause the away form is clearly shite and home form is keeping him in a job at min cause if that slips it truly is goodbye

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

As always I am hoping for a Notts win and I believe we could get one if we play like we did against Portsmouth.

I agree with @[member="notts-joe"] (daren't do any other :biggrin:) McLeod is no big loss at the moment he does spend a lot of time in the floor on his bum with his hands in the air appealing.

This will be my last game before going away so come on Notts send me on my jollies happy.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,518
  • Days Won:  9

The home form has been good, despite performances varying.

I fancy Notts to do well here, its been awhile since we have played them and I just feel we may have a goal fest against them.

Hopefully Notts will have better luck than I am having right now...

I've been tempted to see if @Joe Jones could make the game, as I have forgotten to see if @Cobby is able to make it. Jake's with me though, which I am looking forward too. Hopefully we will both come back home happy.

This is a game I do feel we must get all the points we can!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Didn't attend as I was out canvassing, but by all accounts only one team turned up and it wasn't us. From what I can gather it seems there was a lot of frustration that, after having such a long prep time, we still seemed dis-organised and unable to keep a solid shape and defend or attack as a team. Again.

I won't call for his head on a game I haven't seen, but quite a few seemed to have made their minds up that a change is needed and better to do it now rather than sink lower in division two.

Supporter+

I wouldn't say only one team turned up, personally I thought we deserved a draw based on the second half performance.

Today was all about confidence, first half we simply had none.

We tried to overcomplicate passes when they required simple one's, when we needed to spray it or pass it to wider areas - Notts simply failed. Very frustrating to watch, especially to hear so many fans shout what would have helped/we required.

Murray made a difference!

we didn't deserve a draw at all I'm sorry but we didn't Northamphton could have had 4 or 5 there wingers ripped us there passing and movement took us apart Audel should of stayed at home.

Stead only looked good when he had Murray next to him and they looked lively then until he moved stead out wide and Spencer out wide and Murray in middle .

im confused how you can all still have faith were half way thro November and 3 points of 19th yes 19th in league two in fact if Barnet beat us Tuesday which wouldn't shock me at all.

theyd go above us and Cambridge away well we can't beat anyone away statiscally he has a worse win record then curle Derry and few others only worse manager is kiywomnia.

Hes not learning either becuase if he was we wouldn't be moving down the table faster then were rising up it 

Supporter+
4 minutes ago, Notts26 said:

we didn't deserve a draw at all I'm sorry but we didn't Northamphton could have had 4 or 5 there wingers ripped us there passing and movement took us apart Audel should of stayed at home.

Stead only looked good when he had Murray next to him and they looked lively then until he moved stead out wide and Spencer out wide and Murray in middle .

im confused how you can all still have faith were half way thro November and 3 points of 19th yes 19th in league two in fact if Barnet beat us Tuesday which wouldn't shock me at all.

theyd go above us and Cambridge away well we can't beat anyone away statiscally he has a worse win record then curle Derry and few others only worse manager is kiywomnia.

Hes not learning either becuase if he was we wouldn't be moving down the table faster then were rising up it 

I prefer to be a bit more positive minded than you @notts26 I believe we deserved something out of the game.

it was a very entertaining match, we lost, let's get over it, I still have faith in Moniz and hope we can turn this around, we aren't getting thrashed we lost the game by the odd goal to a team who are in top form.

there is a difference between positive and realistic positive is believing realistic is seeing .

But you're entitled to you're views and beliefs mine are we got ripped apart until Murray came on and added abit of skill but that's it .

Archived