Wycombe Wanderers (A)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

A trip south on a Tuesday night for Notts. Hopefully it's not raining.

Wycombe are 10th. 2 places above Notts with a game in hand. They are 2 points ahead of Notts. They have scored 24 goals (7 less than Notts) and conceded 19 goals (a whopping 14 less than Notts).

Wycombe's last game at Accrington was postponed. They lost 3-0 at Bristol Rovers in their last league game but did win 2-1 at Millwall in the FA Cup in their last game.

Wycombe are strong at the back. Matt Ingram in goal is one of the best in L2. Their right back Sido Jombarti is rock solid. Aaron Pierre is one of the best CB in the division.They have a well balanced midfield. Marcus Bean is the general. Gary Thompson has started every game and has done well for them after his release by Notts in the Summer. Michael Harriman on the right is a real threat but he can also defend. They don't have much of a threat up front.

Wycombe adopt a 4-4-2 formation. They are a patient side who keep the ball. They can score from anywhere. Concentration is key to beating them.

Notts are poor away from home and Wycombe are one of the better sides in L2. A positive result would be outstanding for Notts, a real momentum builder. If Mike Edwards starts, Notts have a real chance, no steady Eddy and I'd be worried. Their strikers are average and Eddy would eat them up. I'll go for 2-1 to Wycombe. Thompson getting 1 and a bit of payback for Notts letting him go. Their winner coming some time after 70 mins. It's almost inevitable at this stage, conceding after 70 mins.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

we will have to be on top of this, but i think if we gained any confidence from yesterday we should be able to get something.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

not sure about this it's a whole different ball game away from home so hard to predict a win.

But I believe if we play to McLeod strenghs he showed yesterday you give him the ball behind or in the box hel get you goals.

Hopefully confidence is high and we play with stead and McLeod up top

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm not sure myself, if we go into the game with confidence and spirit knowing we can get back into the game having gone down or play like we did at the start of the season away from home - I think we should win but the problem is, I don't think it will be that simple and although my heart says 'we'll win', my mind thinks it will be a draw.

I just hope to hear of a solid performance and something we can build form from.

Wycombe are a decent League Two team, one which knows how to play against sides that could make it harder for them. They'll have ideas to counter Moniz's men and tactics, we need to make sure we are organized throughout the squad.

• Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

Going for a 2-1 win to Notts.....coming back from 2 goals down on saturday is a huge confidence-booster.

It does seem like we have worked on things, perhaps not the defending but to be fair - at the start of the season we was described as a 'score one more than you' type of club. And, although I don't think you can win a successful promotion leaking goals, I do think it's the start of moving forward.

Hopefully Moniz doesn't switch things too much tonight because he has a chance to gain support.

We have a chance to progress closer towards the play-offs. Bring Wycombe on! Though I am not confident.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

Here we go with McLeod going from sinner to saint.

He probably wont score now until the new year, he is a decent player but not a very consistent. We should not ride our hopes on him this only leads to disappointment. We need to win tonight because the game in hand is what could turn the season around if we do. I think we should win, I will say 2-1 also.

well if he isn't consistent who are we pinning our hopes on ? 

Noble is good but can easily do something stupid 

Spencer is always moaning on Twitter 

Murray is still gettin up to sharpness 

Stead is good but never got 20 goals a season 

So who are we pinning our hopes on who in our squad has got more then 14 goals in a season at any level 

well done noble great one were cruising they haven't caused a single problem to our goal idiot gets himself sent off and guess what they equalise great absolutely great 😡😡😡😡😡😡

• Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

2 minutes ago, Notts26 said:

well done noble great one were cruising they haven't caused a single problem to our goal idiot gets himself sent off and guess what they equalise great absolutely great 😡😡😡😡😡😡

I actually thought he had calmed down a bit.......nope.....we toss away a 1-0 lead....off for another beer.....seriously peed off here

1 minute ago, tarquinbeech said:

I actually thought he had calmed down a bit.......nope.....we toss away a 1-0 lead....off for another beer.....seriously peed off here

we will get thrashed now I'm not bein funny they have hardly had a shot all half maybe 3 at a push an then he does that off the ball there's absolutely no need now we have just gifted another average rubbish team a easy win.

Tonight was a big chance to put a clear message out to the play off contenders 

no nobles temper is our worse enemy what was the point to elbow someone he has done this before an it's cost us points last season he did this .

Accrington were 1-0 up they didn't have a Chance then noble gets himself sent off an guess what you guessed it Accrington equalise and nearly won 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, Notts26 said:

no nobles temper is our worse enemy what was the point to elbow someone he has done this before an it's cost us points last season he did this .

Accrington were 1-0 up they didn't have a Chance then noble gets himself sent off an guess what you guessed it Accrington equalise and nearly won 

Thats what I meant exactly

I think we can forgive Noble provided it's a one off, he's done well recently and I feel he should be forgiven - especially as we don't know why or if it's true. He may have made movement and the Wycombe player overreacted?

I don't know, I can't blame him personally for their goal.

Harriman is a very good player and Wycombe are playing as I mentioned in the 'Scout Report' and 'Build-Up'. I'm also pleased Campbell scored, lets stay positive.

Archived