A small crumb of comfort from Saturday....

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

.... was the attendance for me.  I regularly have a go at predicting the crowd for home games, and I'm usually within 15% of the actual figure.  I was way out on Saturday, I thought we'd struggle to get 4,000, but there were at least 1,000 more home supporters than I expected.  The trouble is that how many of those who paid £24/22 will be tempted to repeat it after the pathetic display we rewarded them with?  If the games are reasonably entertaining and we are flirting with the play offs we can still manage gates of 5,000+, which is good for League 2 and passable for League 1.  As usual we shot ourselves in the foot by playing as badly as we did.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Elite_pie agree Elite. Even on Saturday, the club lost some potential money. I thought the 1862 suite would be open for some beers only to be told it was closed. The marketing of the initiative to open for match days seems to have been lost. I had given up on Lawtons Bar many moons ago, with its plastic beer glasses..too lazy to wash up? I think for £24 /£22 we have the right to be entertained...did the club ever check what style of football Jamie had previously played. If it is like what we witnessed on Saturday, one less season ticket next season is assured... Such decisions are not taken likely.

• Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

I can understand your frustrations because I share them in the main.  This is as low as I've felt regarding Notts since just before Munto, and the 2008/9 season for me was as bad as it gets.  Saying that, I'll still be renewing my season ticket without a doubt.  Trew / Fullarton / Branston / insert your own name won't stop me doing what I've done for many years - experienced the roller coaster that is Notts County.  It's probably more that I'm a stubborn old b@$7@rd rather than loyal supporter, but I'd rather be there to witness the full horror in person than rely on outside reports.  

Or maybe that I'd probably have to go shopping instead!

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Does it not always happen when fans come to support the club?

There was a game I read about last season that Notts attracted a very good attendance but ended up playing absolutely dire football.

• Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

On 27/01/2016 at 04:37, AmericanPie said:

Does it not always happen when fans come to support the club?

There was a game I read about last season that Notts attracted a very good attendance but ended up playing absolutely dire football.

That could've been any of them then. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Super_Danny_Allsopp I think AM means the game where the Sirrel stand had Notts fans in, I assume so because that was the biggest crowd we have had for awhile. Certain people wasn't happy that the club gave away free tickets though, some high profile people who should understand we need support.

It's the story of Notts, good crowd poor performance. It was the same earlier on within this season against Mansfield!

I've never seen the KOP struggle so much, yet by the end of the game - you wouldn't have known.

• Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

4 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

@Super_Danny_Allsopp I think AM means the game where the Sirrel stand had Notts fans in, I assume so because that was the biggest crowd we have had for awhile. 

Jokes-When-Right-Over-Your-Head-Reaction

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Super_Danny_Allsopp Please Jose, Meadow Lane doesn't have any flights departing for Portugal.

Guest gtownjohnno

The only minute crumb of comfort i could take from last saturday is SURELY....SURELY. notts cannot perform so poorly again........but iam not holding my breath...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

we are notts county, we will be fine. lets just get the season back on track.

Archived