20 members have voted

1. 1. Trews out?

• Yes
    • No

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,777
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@DangerousSausage If the strategy for total football was in place in a 5 year plan a la Swansea and Bournemouth, the first question in any change in manager is does he fit into this scenario. I have my doubts whether this thought was ever considered. I also have met Guy a few times and generally found him knowledgeable. However, maybe his in depth knowledge only came from the South West, hence the signing of Banton. Yes contacts with Liverpool Academy does help, so can we get their U-21 player Smith as a left back :D 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

To be fair to JF, his first job was to tighten up the defence. The thing is, you shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater - if you've got lots of attacking players you still have to let them play and be creative as much as possible while not completely neglecting the defence. I'm not sure whether our ultra-defensive tactics were actually his intention from the offset or a result of his inexperience.

I haven't got a problem with Guy Branston at all, but just imagine you are a proven manager applying for the Notts job. Would you want to report to (and have half your team signed by) someone with zero experience of managing a squad? If he makes a mess of things it's your head on the block.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

18 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

@Super_Danny_Allsopp as if there are buyers out there (interested in Notts) with the substantial cash to make a difference?

when did you need loads of cash Accrington broke flying in play offs Bristol rovers aren't minted up near the play offs.

Northamphton town broke recently running away with the league I think you need a plan a system and a expierenced manager something we don't have.

@Modern Fan 1862 👍 Maybe with the clubs you mention, the scouting set up is far superior to ours?

I voted for them to go  nothing personal but for the followin one we haven't appointed a proper manager for a while now Derry kiwoyma moniz an Fullarton 

And we must be the only club in league two that has spent 20 million and are closer to the conference then the top 10 also they don't learn 40 players last year 40+ this year same mistake again related by a transfer panel.

the crowds are down to 4,200 I belive against Orient if you take there 600 fans away so it's dipping lower and finally Crawley and Bristol rovers have been bought.

And thirdly you don't need a lot of money you need a plan a manager and footballing people who all pull on the plan we don't have that Northamphton are broke but there flying why they have a damn expierence manager we don't 

7 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Modern Fan 1862 👍 Maybe with the clubs you mention, the scouting set up is far superior to ours?

or maybe they have a brain?

Or just maybe there head of recruitment doesn't pick his team against the managers.

ive said it before Fullarton doesn't like the Dutch lads or branston don't whichever it is Genaro can't get in neither has Stanley.

Both creative good players something isn't right and the fans and owners are litreally not gettin on anymore either 

@Modern Fan 1862 👍 I give you this scenario, the Trews decide they have had enough and hand control back to the Trust. Falling gates means that there is a cash outflow (revenues versus expense), so much so the club goes into administration. The points deduction sees us relegated. Please tell me when you have awoken to the reality of the real world

how about I give you this scenario the trews stay in charge Notts county have spent 20 million and get relegated into the conference Jamie Fullarton is still in charge off the field protests continue 

4 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Modern Fan 1862 👍 I give you this scenario, the Trews decide they have had enough and hand control back to the Trust. Falling gates means that there is a cash outflow (revenues versus expense), so much so the club goes into administration. The points deduction sees us relegated. Please tell me when you have awoken to the reality of the real world

we're doing cracking ain't we with that 20 million spent 14 points off the bottom now infact can you tell me another club spendin 20 million and in the bottom 15 off our Divison 

@Modern Fan 1862 👍 You seem to forget that maybe 11 million of that was just to dig us out of the financial hole Munto had landed us in. I think the figure quoted was 19 million though...... Training ground has been purchased..not sure how much that took and maybe a million loss a season could be in the realms of possibility...and I am sure we are not alone in racking up similar losses. Player identification is the key to Northamptons success just as much as a good manager. The only reason I quoted that scenario was not to get at you, but help you understand  that the ownership situation could be far worse. #TrewsIn

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  1

I voted out.They have had 5yrs to get it right on the pitch & have failed miserably.Get it right on the pitch first,off pitch will sort it self out then,naturally with success more people attend,sponors want in,more money to look at the off field problems. 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

He has been too impatient with managers and we've struggled ever since Cotterill left. We may as well have kept Craig Short, who had no time at all and was sacked after 13 league games when we were only 4 points off the play offs and 6 off automatic. He was inexperienced, but had a passion for the club and his players as shown with the battle London Road.

@Fozzy I agree Fozzy but I think the Ben Burgess signing saga (medical?) meant that he couldt trust his judgment maybe? 

11 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Fozzy I agree Fozzy but I think the Ben Burgess signing saga (medical?) meant that he couldt trust his judgment maybe? 

Yes that was a bad signing, but he did bring Judge to the club to counter it and he wasn't bad.

25 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Fozzy I believe it was Paul Ince who brought Alan Judge to Notts.

I don't think so, Ince signed him permanently, but Short signed him on a loan deal before that.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

sorry i have lost faith in the direction they are taking us in.

this is not personal and i do not believe that the rumours that some fans are spreading.

@liampie I too question the overall strategy and am deeply unhappy at the return to hoofball, poles apart from Ricardo's free flowing football. I do question though what is the alternative? For example, if say for arguments sake, Russell King returns with a Bahraini consortium, would you then be happy? or would you then still prefer the Trews?

Archived