Songs which have made you think...

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

During a holiday, I sat talking to my dad (@super_ram) and I can't remember why but the conversation lead to my trouble with knee dislocations. At 28-years-old, it seems I'm falling apart in more ways than one but we kept talking and eventually he shared this song.

There's songs which will make us think - whilst others bring back memories (most will). Yet, this song really made me think - I'm lucky despite my trouble and if anyone who reads this experience pain on a daily basis you will understand to some degree also. Certainly if you listen to the lyrics it makes you appreciate not just life, the ability to walk but a darker time.

I don't expect many replies, yet it would be nice to see some - share something which makes you think, then explain why.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

I think all songs bring back memories of the people we were with at that particular time.....and place.

Country Music, strangely enough, brings out the greatest nostalgia in me.

As Otis Lee Crenshaw said "You don't know real pain until you're lying on the floor with a bottle of JD......and a big fat Samoan walks across your heart.......wearing stiilettos"

You sound depressed @notts-joe........do you want me to cheer you up?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Doesn't play, or is it just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

The lyrics are so moving and, unfortunately, true

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

On 24/02/2016 at 03:15, tarquinbeech said:

I think all songs bring back memories of the people we were with at that particular time.....and place.

Country Music, strangely enough, brings out the greatest nostalgia in me.

As Otis Lee Crenshaw said "You don't know real pain until you're lying on the floor with a bottle of JD......and a big fat Samoan walks across your heart.......wearing stiilettos"

You sound depressed @notts-joe........do you want me to cheer you up?

I was feeling quite depressed but more in a thankful way if that makes sense.

On 24/02/2016 at 08:17, ivansneck said:

Doesn't play, or is it just me?

It plays for me, look up 'The Band played Waltzing Matilda'.

6 hours ago, GrannyPie said:

The lyrics are so moving and, unfortunately, true

Very moving but it's a good thing.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

On 23/02/2016 at 23:49, notts-joe said:

During a holiday, I sat talking to my dad (@super_ram) and I can't remember why but the conversation lead to my trouble with knee dislocations. At 28-years-old, it seems I'm falling apart in more ways than one but we kept talking and eventually he shared this song.

There's songs which will make us think - whilst others bring back memories (most will). Yet, this song really made me think - I'm lucky despite my trouble and if anyone who reads this experience pain on a daily basis you will understand to some degree also. Certainly if you listen to the lyrics it makes you appreciate not just life, the ability to walk but a darker time.

I don't expect many replies, yet it would be nice to see some - share something which makes you think, then explain why.

We were in The Oasis pub in Ingoldmells and you wanted to know the name of a song you'd heard me playing when you still lived with me and grannypie.You couldn't remember the title of the song  or who performed it .All you could remember was that it was about someones experience in the first world war and how good the lyrics were.The song you remembered was actually 'The Green Fields of France' by the Fureys and Davey Arthur and also written by Eric Bogle You searched it up on your phone and then I told you about 'Matilda'

Indeed. I know it well.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

1 hour ago, ivansneck said:

Indeed. I know it well.

The song or the pub?

I've been thinking about what to link to on here and i've decided it's performances rather than the songs themselves.

So I've gone for 2 performances by Lizzie Jones the widow of Danny who I saw play RL many times.

The first is in front of 80 000 people at Wembley before the Challenge Cup Final last year and the second at the Sports Personality of Year Award. I still can't watch either without crying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/34084792

Commentators get slagged off a lot, but Mark Chapman gets it spot on for me at Wembley, if you listen through to the end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/35146258

17 hours ago, super_ram said:

The song or the pub?

Song

Archived