Aileen's views

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Matchtalk

Interesting commentary from the other forum, which I am still a refugee from. PON has some really sensible discussions without the keyboard warriors who have their own agendas.

Poundpie wrote on 22:38 09 Mar:
freemuzzy wrote on 21:05 09 Mar:
Poundpie wrote on 20:50 09 Mar:
upthemaggies wrote on 20:36 09 Mar:
To be fair to Dougie, and anybody here who didn't hear the programme, he didn't say anything to defend the owners and didn't say much in defence of Fullarton either, other than that we should give him a chance, that he should have an assistant and that he is giving instructions to players during the game rather than just standing there doing nothing for 90 minutes. He's obviously a longtime fan and I don't think he deserves a pillorying on here. Of this of all weeks, you might have expected Radio Nottingham to have had a guest who wasn't representing the club in an official capacity, but having said that, I don't think any of the callers who phoned in could be described as apologists or nodders, so maybe he was chosen for balance.

Very fair. Just a note, though, he was representing the officially recognised Supporters Association, he was not put forward by the club at all.

Great. While you're on here, do you fancy answering any of the legitimate questions/concerns that have been posted on a daily basis?

Well, I haven't been reading on a daily basis, but when I have read, there's been very few legitimate questions asked on here. (that's not to say, of course, that there aren't any.) What I have seen is a lot of understandable criticism, some put well, some not, and plenty of discussion about rumours revolving around what someone has apparently heard. It's not really the place to come and answer queries, as quite a few already seem to have their own answers and don't want to hear the truth. Also, many here feel that my answers would be untrustworthy. It's a shame there was little response to our proposed meet the manager event, as those who have attended in the past would know that its about asking questions of any of us. There certainly is a need for the opportunity for supporters to be able to air their views and have questions answered, with the ability for people who can't attend to be able to comment live via other means. I understand the club are looking to do this soon. I will say for now, though, that RT is considering proposals from more than one source for the club, including overseas. Thank you.

Thanks for the response. FWIW I'd quite like to hear 'the truth'. Would any of the following meet the 'legitimate' question criteria?

Is it accepted at boardroom level that Jamie Fullarton has made a poor start as manager?

Is there a reason Fullarton still has no permanent assistant?

Was style of play discussed at Fullarton's job interview?

Did Fullarton formally apply for the role or was he invited to interview?

What are the aims between now and the end of the season from a playing perspective?

Is the decision to ostracise Stanley Aborah solely a football one - as was originally indicated?

Why did the club sanction Aborah's interview last week only to immediately dispute his version of events?

As Aborah has always been available for selection (as the club has admitted), do you personally find it strange that someone who had previously been our best player is no longer considered good enough for the bench?

Is it coincidental that all of the Moniz led signings are no longer in the first team and has nationality played a factor in this?

If the reason for no flags/banners of a certain size in ML are due to health and safety regulations, why were Bristol Rovers fans - and the vast majority of away supporters this season - allowed to flout these?

If the meet the manager event carried such importance and was seen as a vital way for supporters to get their views heard, why did you charge for entry to this and ask to vet the questions in advance?

Did you and/or your husband plan to attend this as it was only JW from who'd been mentioned on promotional material for the event?

Have there been any inital plans/discussions about who will step in as CE when Julian Winter leaves, assuming new owners aren't forthcoming at this point?

Thanks in advance - I look forward to your reply.

Response from Aileen

1 yes, some of these meet 'legitimate question" criteria
2.It's accepted that results and some performances have been inconsistent, but that also he's working well with the team and staff to make improvements. He's not been long in post
3.The process is ongoing for a suitable assistant. There are no particular issues in this regard and it's recognised it should be sooner rather than later.
4.Style of play was of course discussed. As was the need to rectify weaker areas
5.He applied
6.to win as many games as possible while being more consistent in performances, being more pleasing watch. Nothing new.
7.SA was never ostracised
8.The interview would have happened whether we sanctioned it or not. Already on twitter.
9.it's never been a case of whether the player was good enough for the squad.
10Some of what were seen to be Moniz signings were not regularly selected by the previous manager. Insinuations of racism (by some) are totally unfounded.
11.I'm still to discuss the removal of that particular banner with the relevant dept. I was surprised to see it being removed. The wording did not contravene any regulations that I'm aware of, but like I said, I don't yet know the reason it was removed. Re visiting banners: clubs bringing banners/drums/trumpets etc generally ask permission first. Large banners require fire safety certs.
12.meet the manager event: there's always been a small charge(a bit more if drink/food is included) As in the past, some questions are invited by email, for those unable to attend, also via twitter and live on the night. The only vetting that takes place is on multiple questions (the same) and on obscenity. (not good for a family club, and uneccessary)
13.yes, as always, we'd be there, along with other staff. (unless RT's working away)
14.yes, talks are current for a replacement CEO.
Hope that helps. Obviously, I must exercise discretion when it comes to discussing
employees.

PS this, in response to freemuzzy

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

It is always good to have a free and open debate. I would have to say points 2 and 4 are particularly debatable. Some of the worst home performances, in terms of entertainment and shots on goal, backed up with post match interviews at odds with what the majority of the Supporters have just witnessed. I would like to think I am quite reasonable in my views of things, but unfortunately I have lost confidence in Jamie in terms of his ability to select a "decent" team from the resources he has available. There is no doubt that creative players like Stanley, Snijders ( can anyone actually say Banton is demonstrably better?), Valencic have been sidelined, when as regards the latter 2, their performances for the Reserves should at least put them on the bench.

We can only move strongly forward together and it pains me to say, the appointment shows no visible signs of changing things for the better.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

2 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

It is always good to have a free and open debate. I would have to say points 2 and 4 are particularly debatable. Some of the worst home performances, in terms of entertainment and shots on goal, backed up with post match interviews at odds with what the majority of the Supporters have just witnessed. I would like to think I am quite reasonable in my views of things, but unfortunately I have lost confidence in Jamie in terms of his ability to select a "decent" team from the resources he has available. There is no doubt that creative players like Stanley, Snijders ( can anyone actually say Banton is demonstrably better?), Valencic have been sidelined, when as regards the latter 2, their performances for the Reserves should at least put them on the bench.

We can only move strongly forward together and it pains me to say, the appointment shows no visible signs of changing things for the better.

We're never going to move forward when the action that drives the club is firmly been planted into reverse.

All we needed to do playing was to introduce different tactics away from home and play slightly more defensively / play a holding midfielder who could allow Noble & Aborah to be most effective in the final third. 

What we got is the most one dimensional schoolboy tactics I think I have ever known, we don't have any player with real game changing ability in the team, the players with that ability have been shunned away whilst the hoofer's and runners have been given freedom of Meadow Lane. 

Nearly every managers style reflect how they themselves played the game, think Keegan, Dalglish, Howe, Guardiola etc etc, unfortunately JF's limited ability within his own career is transcending into his team and style of play.

Whenever you hear anyone talking about JF's playing career they always mention the word "limited", is there a better word to describe us at the minute?

I think not.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

It's accepted that results and some performances have been inconsistent

:lol::lol: What?! They've been consistent as anything. Always get beat and always perform terribly, JF has mastered that one!

As for hiring an assistant and CEO, what a bleedin' waste of time that would be if the Trews were actually thinking of selling or indeed close it to it. For me, this makes the rumours that the Trews never intended to sell more credible and I'm beginning to think it's most likely some smoke screen. 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

My take on points 2 and 4!

2.It's accepted that results and performances have been consistently poor, but that also he's working well with what is left of the team and staff that don't hate him to make things worse. He's been too long in the post.

4. Weaker areas were discussed but thought to be non fixable, as was the need to wreck the style of play.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

As a director, she's Jamie Fullarton's employer. She can't really be very forthright about him in public.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

2.) He does as he's told and picks the team he is told to.

4.) Love to know who asked him to play hoof it into the clouds football? Wait it must have been Branston as that was the only way he could play and thus only understands to play this way

6.) He's definitely been more consistent, consistently crap and one dimensional, who in the right mind when two down replaces a centre half like for like when the game is nearly over?

Archived