Questions for Aileen

CliftonMagpie

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

I do not expect answers but I will post them out of curiousity. If @erindoors is kind enough to answer great, if not I won't twice about it.

Are you and Ray hoping the clubs sale is sorted before the end of the season? What is the current stage at? I know this is sensitive.

I have noticed comments on social media Ray's car has been vandalised, is this true and was it done on the day of the protests?

Do you think this will be it in terms of football for you and Ray, do you feel bitter about some fans at all?

What are your personal proudest moments from your term at Notts?

Will you still keep in touch with friends and people you have gotten to know?

I hope you dont resent the club or the proper supporters, we get tired at times and vent frustration. This should be ignored if it is not abusive, so like I say I hope you dont leave feeling bitter but remember fans have been there for you.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  174
  • Days Won:  2

Hi CliftonMagpie, I don't mind answering a few questions at all.

Yes, he's hoping to get it sorted asap. I can't say any more than that.

I'm not aware of his car being vandalised, though apparently, a couple of protesters sat on it. Luckily, another couple of supporters took it upon themselves to keep an eye out, so no harm done!

It won't be the end of football for either of us, no. I for one, am a Notts supporter, and health allowing, will be coming to games. I feel no bitterness at all. Frustrations with those that lie , abuse and troublemaker at times, but thats more to do with people rather than the club they support. Life's way too short to waste time on such negative emotion.

Proudest moments? Well I don't know about proud, but certainly it's been an honour to be involved with Notts and there's been some great times. I've been proud of staff and players, performances, resilience in hard times, great atmospheres at games, promoting football friendships with our Italian Magpies. Mocked by some, but the 150 year of activity, with the civic reception, legends day (thanks Les!) the stamp issue, the inflatable screen on the pitch for Notts County - The Movie, the community day, the Gala banquet (those who went will know it wasn't about posh nosh in a tent!)the birthday party, it was just great to see everyone working together and making it happen.Generally, though,just proud to be part of the support. Like most of us at various times.

I'll certainly keep in touch with the friends I've made through Notts. There's plenty of genuine, lovely families out there and we've got to know each other so well. Friends for life, certainly.

I don't resent anyone. I'm a supporter, too, and I know the passion that football inflicts on us all. It makes us all mad at times. And I understand how people need to have someone to blame. I set myself up as a target by being accessible and I'm certainly not surprised when its me they vent at when it goes wrong.

....But, hell, I'm not a bleeding saint, and I could have cheerfully poked a few eyes out (metaphorically) at some of the sneering, arrogant, uninformed plonkers who've thrown stuff my way at times...... (bet that's the bit that gets quoted ;-) )

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

You all saw it! She called us uninformed plonkers! Jokes aside it really is good of you to answer any questions we have Mrs T. Its nice to have some communication and know what's going on so thank you!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

You all saw it! She called us uninformed plonkers! Jokes aside it really is good of you to answer any questions we have Mrs T. Its nice to have some communication and know what's going on so thank you!

hey, I've been called worse ;-)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179

1 minute ago, ohstanleyaborah said: You all saw it! She called us uninformed plonkers! Jokes aside it really is good of you to answer any questions we have Mrs T. Its nice to have some communication and know what's going on so thank you!

hey, I've been called worse ;-)

That doesn't matter! Because for some unknown reason when you say something its 10x worse! [emoji23]

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

1 hour ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

Tomorrow, I'm renaming you Rodney bud. ;)

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

@erindoors, serious question from a crazy ex-pat.........but would you mind if I named my latest new-born goat after you?

I already have Devon White, Charlie Palmer and Luther Blissett (yes, I know he didn't play for Notts).

I've just got back from Belize......and I have a new female baby goat......but I don't want to name her Aileen without your permission?    

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, erindoors said:

Hi CliftonMagpie, I don't mind answering a few questions at all.

Yes, he's hoping to get it sorted asap. I can't say any more than that.

I'm not aware of his car being vandalised, though apparently, a couple of protesters sat on it. Luckily, another couple of supporters took it upon themselves to keep an eye out, so no harm done!

It won't be the end of football for either of us, no. I for one, am a Notts supporter, and health allowing, will be coming to games. I feel no bitterness at all. Frustrations with those that lie , abuse and troublemaker at times, but thats more to do with people rather than the club they support. Life's way too short to waste time on such negative emotion.

Proudest moments? Well I don't know about proud, but certainly it's been an honour to be involved with Notts and there's been some great times. I've been proud of staff and players, performances, resilience in hard times, great atmospheres at games, promoting football friendships with our Italian Magpies. Mocked by some, but the 150 year of activity, with the civic reception, legends day (thanks Les!) the stamp issue, the inflatable screen on the pitch for Notts County - The Movie, the community day, the Gala banquet (those who went will know it wasn't about posh nosh in a tent!)the birthday party, it was just great to see everyone working together and making it happen.Generally, though,just proud to be part of the support. Like most of us at various times.

I'll certainly keep in touch with the friends I've made through Notts. There's plenty of genuine, lovely families out there and we've got to know each other so well. Friends for life, certainly.

I don't resent anyone. I'm a supporter, too, and I know the passion that football inflicts on us all. It makes us all mad at times. And I understand how people need to have someone to blame. I set myself up as a target by being accessible and I'm certainly not surprised when its me they vent at when it goes wrong.

....But, hell, I'm not a bleeding saint, and I could have cheerfully poked a few eyes out (metaphorically) at some of the sneering, arrogant, uninformed plonkers who've thrown stuff my way at times...... (bet that's the bit that gets quoted ;-) )

Thank you to erindoors for taking the time to reply to PoN ,  made good reading for the fans/supporters with a balanced view 

• Content Count:  1,727

I don't vent my anger towards alieen or Ray I vent my anger to Jamie Fullarton the one doing the training and tactics .

I had a convo with her last night and we spoke about things she had some good points so did I we talked it like adults belive it or not.

And she understood as a fan how it can be but for me I just hope someone takes us over quick maybe to lift the fans and players as the bond is broken between players fans and manager.

I think mr Fullarton is on borrowed time til the takeover is completed then will be removed and hopefully the bridges will be re built who knows what the future will hold for us ⚽️⚽️

7 hours ago, tarquinbeech said:

@erindoors, serious question from a crazy ex-pat.........but would you mind if I named my latest new-born goat after you?

I already have Devon White, Charlie Palmer and Luther Blissett (yes, I know he didn't play for Notts).

I've just got back from Belize......and I have a new female baby goat......but I don't want to name her Aileen without your permission?    

yes, by all means name the stubborn little minx after me, Tarqs. Buy her an edible boots scarf (available from the club shop online) and decorate her sleeping quarters with Notts bunting and Notts curtains. Install a suitable monitor, so she can watch all notts games on Magpie Player and nibble on liquorice all sorts(also available from the club shop) Provide lucky underwear. Stuff her ears with fragrant herbs (availably locally) to help avoid the commentary and have a shrink visit on full moons. Be understanding when she butts her head repeatedly on your newly installed security wall and gives withering looks to any visiting red clothed bandidos. May she be strong in spirit, brave enough to sing alone and loyal to the cause. Let her have the last doughnut...

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

@erindoors I was wondering about the ladies team. This was a pet project of Mr Trew and the move to Notts was controversial to say the least! I presume who ever buys the club will be buying the ladies side as well? Or will Mr Trew be taking it with him? 

• Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

@erindoors replied "yes, by all means name the stubborn little minx after me, Tarqs. Buy her an edible boots scarf (available from the club shop online) and decorate her sleeping quarters with Notts bunting and Notts curtains. Install a suitable monitor, so she can watch all notts games on Magpie Player and nibble on liquorice all sorts(also available from the club shop) Provide lucky underwear. Stuff her ears with fragrant herbs (availably locally) to help avoid the commentary and have a shrink visit on full moons. Be understanding when she butts her head repeatedly on your newly installed security wall and gives withering looks to any visiting red clothed bandidos. May she be strong in spirit, brave enough to sing alone and loyal to the cause. Let her have the last doughnut..."

You sound more bonkers than me, Aileen!

56 minutes ago, Dripsey3 said:

@erindoors I was wondering about the ladies team. This was a pet project of Mr Trew and the move to Notts was controversial to say the least! I presume who ever buys the club will be buying the ladies side as well? Or will Mr Trew be taking it with him? 

I don't know  about pet project?  He's been involved with the team for a long time prior to Notts mens. It's an entirely different system from the men's, though many haven't understood that. It's a separate company.

32 minutes ago, tarquinbeech said:

@erindoors replied "yes, by all means name the stubborn little minx after me, Tarqs. Buy her an edible boots scarf (available from the club shop online) and decorate her sleeping quarters with Notts bunting and Notts curtains. Install a suitable monitor, so she can watch all notts games on Magpie Player and nibble on liquorice all sorts(also available from the club shop) Provide lucky underwear. Stuff her ears with fragrant herbs (availably locally) to help avoid the commentary and have a shrink visit on full moons. Be understanding when she butts her head repeatedly on your newly installed security wall and gives withering looks to any visiting red clothed bandidos. May she be strong in spirit, brave enough to sing alone and loyal to the cause. Let her have the last doughnut..."

You sound more bonkers than me, Aileen!

cheers Tarqs. And thank you

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+
3 minutes ago, erindoors said:

I don't know  about pet project?  He's been involved with the team for a long time prior to Notts mens. It's an entirely different system from the men's, though many haven't understood that. It's a separate company.

So they won't be part of the sale? If they aren't, will they still be Notts County Ladies and playing at Meadow Lane? If it is sensitive, you don't have to answer. I was just wondering if the ladies are part of the sale. 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

@erindoors thank you for taking the time to answer, i am sure all on PON appreciate it.

You're welcome, CliftonMagpie.

• Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  1

Aileen,How many groups have been seriously interested in Notts,have the Danish ended their interest.there is a rumour tonight that the Chinese are not coming now.Can you confirm owt?.

Archived