Huddersfield Season Ticket prices..should Notts be more aggressive in pricing?

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2016-02-26/huddersfield-slash-season-ticket-prices-in-bid-to-bring-in-fans/

Maybe with new owners, something needs to be done to expand our supporter base. Even adding say 70 pounds to cover programme costs, a la The Bench, would be interesting to discuss. Given Yeovil's announcement of a loss of nearly 700k, running a football business is not easy.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I think making them more expensive is out of the question given the value for money this season if Huddersfield are a championship club and are charging £179 then why are we charging over £300? (Don't quote me on our price) but even pay on the day prices are the same as Rotherham who are 2 divisions higher than us

I understand clubs at our level need to charge a lot to survive but its ridiculous for league 2 football when the top Spanish and German teams are no more than £150

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Fans have been asking for cheaper tickets for many seasons, it's difficult to accommodate but I think the new owners must do something to re-connect with fans. Offering cheaper season tickets can be a winning formula for all - so I think it's fantastic that Huddersfield have done something.

We really should be looking at making ours cheaper for next season.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

I do feel that we charge way too much for our match day tickets, but season tickets are not too bad value wise.

At the end of the day, the only way Notts have increased gates is by winning and challenging for promotion, but I would like to see match day prices down to around the 18-20 quid mark.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

£6.50 per game???.......count me in.....I've always liked Huddersfield anyway

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I do feel that we charge way too much for our match day tickets, but season tickets are not too bad value wise.

At the end of the day, the only way Notts have increased gates is by winning and challenging for promotion, but I would like to see match day prices down to around the 18-20 quid mark.

I just think £300+ for a season ticket is expensive despite the deal you get, and its a lot to pay out all at once (I'm unsure if the club runs any payment plans)

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

I do feel that we charge way too much for our match day tickets, but season tickets are not too bad value wise. At the end of the day, the only way Notts have increased gates is by winning and challenging for promotion, but I would like to see match day prices down to around the 18-20 quid mark.

I just think £300+ for a season ticket is expensive despite the deal you get, and its a lot to pay out all at once (I'm unsure if the club runs any payment plans)

Now that could be an idea (if not done already). Pay so much a month for say 6 months from June at a slightly higher rate than a season ticket upfront price, but would be a constant revenue stream that could be budgeted for.

I know that a lot of golf clubs do this, so why not football?

There would probably have to be credit checks and a way to stop people from defaulting if we start the season badly!

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

It's more likely to happen if the takeover is completed with a enough time for the new owners to review things.

I would guess any potential buyer will be keen to attract floating interest and make decisions which would impress fans, after all they will need everyone on side. Lowering ticket prices, keeping Cooper are both realistic things.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Many teams have done things like this, it's usually a very good thing to rekindle interest.

The only one I recall going wrong was Hartlepool, who pretty much attracted season tickets holders to the amount of their ground - which caused them to lose a lot of money on match days. Provided the price reflects an early bird style offer, plus it covers if we sell 10,000 or whatever - it would work. With season tickets declining over the past few years, something needs to be done to get them back up.

Just imagine a deal to see 10,000 home fans and the success which could come from this.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

We have to Capitalize on the "Other Team" misfortune. But can't see it happening as per usual 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

i wish we would be that creative but another 20 teams will probably do it before notts consider it.

Archived