Be Prepared For Momentous Events At Notts.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

There are bound to be lots of things going on at Notts County this coming two weeks or so, high profile signings, takeovers etc., it always happens when I go on holiday. We are away on Tuesday for two weeks in sunny (I hope) Spain in our camper van, every time I go away things start to happen.

I particularly remember one year we were abroad and I got a text from my son saying that some billionaire Arabs had bought Notts County, I thought he was having a joke but he insisted it was true, I couldn't believe I was away and missing all the fun. It was of course the beginning of Munto fiasco and we all know how that ended up. :ohdear:

So I am expecting big things while I am away, hopefully they will all be good. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

Enjoy your 2 weeks of sunshine (I booked it for you in Spain the same time I booked our weather for Skeg) Forget about football completely because by the time you come back CK will have assembled a promotion challenging side just as our Nigel will have....Well we can dream and hope.

I will miss your posts though and expect you to make up for it when you return. I 'm looking forward to hearing what you get up to.

I wonder if you'll meet another miserable florist fan sat on a seat.

Mind the sun and enjoy! :thumbsup::cheer::sunshine::waving::super::sheep:

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Enjoy your holiday Tony, make sure you enjoy it! Sunshine or Rain ;)

Hopefully things will pick up, it's due. I'm hoping for some good friendlies and other local ones, I'm trying not to hold hopes on signings.

Supporter+

Thanks Guys, I might be able to get on the forum on my phone so you might not get rid of me for two weeks, if I can I will visit as often as I can.

Thanks for booking the sunshine Super Ram, I know who to blame now if it doesn't. :rolleyes:

Ooh, I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open and watching out to see what  the weather  is doing  over the next couple of weeks in Spain, Ole :unsure:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Have a nice time in spain.. just don't take all the sun with you and leave us with a rainy 2 weeks. :angel::twitch:

See you on here when you get back if you don't get on here whilst your away.

Supporter+

Have a nice time in spain.. just don't take all the sun with you and leave us with a rainy 2 weeks. :angel::twitch:

See you on here when you get back if you don't get on here whilst your away.

Thanks Cheeky, hopefully the weather will be ok, we will be in northern Spain, they call it Green Spain as they get more rain there and the weather is more prone to rain because of the mountains and not as hot as the costas etc.

If it rains I'll blame the mountains then! :)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Knowing Notts we'll go and sign about 5 players & announce our full pre-season programme in one week lol.

Have a good holiday @tonyhately, enjoy your two weeks of sunshine :) We're off on holiday at the beggining of next month to the slightly less exotic surroundings of Northern Ireland

Thanks Cheeky, hopefully the weather will be ok, we will be in northern Spain, they call it Green Spain as they get more rain there and the weather is more prone to rain because of the mountains and not as hot as the costas etc.

At least the weather is varies, your not going to get fried in the heat as much.

Hopefully we will get to see some more photos of your holiday in spain when you are back... (not with forest fans though :P )

• Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

poundpie confirmed earlier that we will be having a kit launch, i have saved up money to buy the new home and away shirt. i might have a little extra to get some of the training gear.

wished we had news of friendlies, i do not worry so much about signings. past few years it's been normal and there's plenty of talented players, we just need to make sure we build. i would also take a worker, over someone who would want a high wage. think a d r+l, mid r+l, and a forward who are of quality, will be placed well with players who know the game at our level or who are stepping up.

I will be using my voucher to purchase items, perhaps some of us could get together for the kit launch? (might be good fun)

Very slow this year, I'm dying to get back to watching Notts.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

See Chris Iwelumo has signed for Scunthorpe. I had to laugh at some of the comments on twitter from their fans.
"A natural goalscorer"
"A pacey customer"
"The man to fire us to promotion"

were some of the comments I read. They could be in for a nasty surprise when they eventually see the guy play :thumbsup:

See Chris Iwelumo has signed for Scunthorpe. I had to laugh at some of the comments on twitter from their fans.

"A natural goalscorer"

"A pacey customer"

"The man to fire us to promotion"

were some of the comments I read. They could be in for a nasty surprise when they eventually see the guy play :thumbsup:

Or they could get out of him what we couldn't, okay.. maybe not :lol:

He's not as bad as some of our fans have said though.

Building the youths would be a good option, but some signings are needed still.

Archived