League Cup Draw

weymouthPIE

The seedings were announced today, and Notts County are classed as a seeded Northern team. We can only play an unseeded Northern team in round 1, so we can draw any of the following teams:

Accrington Stanley

Bradford City

Burton Albion

Bury

Carlisle United

Chesterfield

Fleetwood Town

Hartlepool United

Mansfield Town

Morecambe

Oldham Athletic

Port Vale

Preston North End

Rochdale

Rotherham United

Scunthorpe United

Shrewsbury Town

York City

I bet Chris Kiwomya is praying we dont get Hartlepool after what happened to our last two managers following games against Hartlepool ;):P

Who does everyone fancy then? Most people in facebook and Twitter seem to fancy a game against Mansfield. I suppose you just hope for a home game really, or if we have to travel hope we dont have to travel too far.

Derby County are also seeded so they can get any of those teams listed, anyone in particular you fancy @super_ram?

Bearing in mind our performances and results in this competition in the last 4 years I don't really care who The Rams draw.  It would be nice to avoid any further embarrassment though.Perhaps Bury would be nice , in the hope that we thrash them and get a bit of revenge for when they beat us in the cup final all those years ago. :rolleyes:

For some reason I often feel compelled to watch the highlights from the Nottingham Derby in this competition the other season, but I can never watch beyond Hughsey's goal that put us 3-2 up. The site of the ball hitting the back of the net and Wes Morgan running off in celebration will haunt me forever! :(

So you've got your wish Joe-Fleetwood, and Rams are away to Oldham.AND florist v Hartlepool-interesting!

Supporter+

I wonder what sort of reception Jeff Hughes will get from Notts fans?

I hope a good one.

He did well for us, he was underrated when he joined and exactly the same when he left. It's mind boggling after having one great season, he was written off so easily (especially considering he didn't stick to one position and filled in wherever needed). Some players have a moan/mardy when asked to play where they don't want to be, others have fun in the process and get on with it.

Jeff didn't owe us anything, neither did he require a gun to decide what's best for him.

With this in mind, I refer back to 'I hope a good one'. He doesn't deserve to be anything negative in my opinion :)

I think Jeff could get a bit of a mixed reception really, some wont be too pleased to see him as they'll think the main attraction to Fleetwood was the money, while some will appreciate his efforts with us.

It's an interesting tie. We're at home so we cant really complain. They've got a bit of cash behind them and have ambition so it has the makings of a good game.

Some very good looking ties in there:

Preston v Blackpool

Rotherham v Sheff Wed

Huddersfield v Bradford

Carlisle v Blackburn

Exeter v QPR

to name a few

• 2 weeks later...
Supporter+

Bugger, I'll miss Coronation Street. :joker:

Language, Tony. :rollonfloorlaughing:

Archived