Fan consultation on the media side of things

Dripsey3

Supporter+

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/notts-county-media-consultation-evening-nick-richardson-3316298.aspx

This is a great idea IMO. Plenty of complaints about the program, match updates etc. Hopefully something comes out of it. 

It shouldn't have been allowed to get to this stage - good idea but honestly, we should be focused on the playing field.

People miss the old media team, they set the standards high and went above the call of duty. Its hard to replicate that with a two man team, especially when a sort of hand over could have been done (from the old to now) or at least having a document drafted which detailed the routine. That said people are always different, just remember the change of direction was from the former CEO Julian Winter who wanted the clubs media team to be more commercial based. There's been too may changes, so it will naturally take time to return back to the former level.

Like I say, we have greater concerns but provided things are improving (which I do feel they are), its a case of time and patience.

Supporter+

I don't think things are improving though? I can't speak for the programme but the other media bits have certainly gone downhill since Ralph and Stuart Brothers left the club. You couldn't get 2 more enthusiastic guys than Ralph and Stuart. The passion seems to have left with them. 

I agree with @Dripsey3 in that the passion seems to be gone, but it's hard to judge from the outside. Maybe the people in media have shorter hours, more on their plates, are being kept on a shorter leash, who knows? I only know that the club's media output does seem to have suffered lately. Putting the mixed messages on Twitter to one side, the very fact that the club is consulting fans does indicate a willingness to do something about it.

On 20/09/2016 at 11:37, Dripsey3 said:

I don't think things are improving though? I can't speak for the programme but the other media bits have certainly gone downhill since Ralph and Stuart Brothers left the club. You couldn't get 2 more enthusiastic guys than Ralph and Stuart. The passion seems to have left with them. 

i think it went down hill when notts lost the whole team before stuart was appointed.

he did better than the current lot but it was still quite poor but it was only two and he was never given time to adapt to the role. notts seem to have an habit of paying people who have to learn on the job.

Archived