Adam Campbell

TheCalFoster

Having watched the game vs Colchester, couldn't help but notice how uninterested, lost and lazy AC was. Didn't want to try and win the ball back. Every other player in the team was spot on and did their job immensely.

He has flashes of quality here and there but it really is a rarity. He's been nothing but inconsistent for us and my patience has ran thin on him, he doesn't score or create enough, he puts the effort in and shows glimpses of quality but then let's himself go missing.. AC is great at getting into goal scoring positions but fluffs the easy 'sitters'. 

My question to you guys is: Am I being harsh on AC? Would you give him a new deal once his expires at the end of the season? 

3 hours ago, TheFostarr94 said:

Having watched the game vs Colchester, couldn't help but notice how uninterested, lost and lazy AC was. Didn't want to try and win the ball back. Every other player in the team was spot on and did their job immensely.

He has flashes of quality here and there but it really is a rarity. He's been nothing but inconsistent for us and my patience has ran thin on him, he doesn't score or create enough, he puts the effort in and shows glimpses of quality but then let's himself go missing.. AC is great at getting into goal scoring positions but fluffs the easy 'sitters'. 

My question to you guys is: Am I being harsh on AC? Would you give him a new deal once his expires at the end of the season? 

Don't know about harsh, but I think you are being contradictory.  On the one hand you call him "uninterested, lost and lazy", then say "he puts the effort in".  For what it's worth I don't think Adam Campbell is anything more than non-league standard, but the one aspect of his game I could never criticise is his effort, including yesterday.  He always tries his best, but his lack of physical presence means he won't win many challenges in league 2.  I hope we release him at the end of the season, but I would wish him well for the future because even though he is lacking in many areas, I've never seen him give less than 100% in a Notts shirt.

The old Adam Campbell gave 100%, he ran for every ball and was right behind the team. He's not been the same player, perhaps not since (was it Orient the issue with him occured?).

He didn't even celebrate yesterday, everyone ran to Hollis bar him.

Yesterday's performance cannot be accepted, it was below the par for anyone and I no longer buy the 'confidence' problem. I thought it was but he looked uninterested virtually all game.

@Elite_pie maybe I wasn't clear, other than yesterday he's always put the effort in at 110% but I just felt yesterday he looked lacking, he would run after the ball to a point then give up and that's not the Adam Campbell I know.

This Adam Campbell just let the game fly right past him, gave the ball away countless times, he looked lazy, wasn't fighting for the cause, he just looked like he knew his future lies elsewhere. 

Don't get me wrong one day he'll do a job for someone but unfortunately I don't think it's not going to be for us. 

No I wouldn't give him a new contract. I think some of the criticism of him in this thread about Saturday is harsh, I thought his work off the ball was excellent.

However, he doesn't have enough end product for me. His confidence appears shot when in possession.

2 hours ago, ivansneck said:

No I wouldn't give him a new contract. I think some of the criticism of him in this thread about Saturday is harsh, I thought his work off the ball was excellent.

However, he doesn't have enough end product for me. His confidence appears shot when in possession.

I'd have no problem with Adam if I felt he tried, but he simply failed to try to get involved.

There was several times when other players simply refused to pass to him (despite the fact he never called for the ball). For example, one time when Adam was out wide and in a good position, it was Jon Stead who hampered the Colchester defence, won the ball back and then looked for options. At one point I swear he saw Adam Campbell's unmarked position - which would have been a better position to cross from, however Stead decided to put the ball into the box.

Likewise, in the second half. We split Colchester in two and Adam Campbell was presented with a lot of space if he bothered to move into it. Instead our player in possession (I think it was Tootle) decided to loop the ball over Colchester towards Jon Stead who had about three players marking him.

Adam Campbell was pretty much unmarked and in a prime location where I would have passed to him.

He loosely floated around the majority of the game offering very little at all.

I would agree is confidence is pretty much shot but this isn't the reason why I feel he failed to stamp his mark, for me it's the lack of desire - he should want the ball but he simply never did.

3 hours ago, ivansneck said:

I thought his work off the ball was excellent.

really? he gave the ball a way a lot of the time he had it and as @Chris he barely looked interested.

the shot that was blocked look goal bound but that is my only positive memory of him doing the game against colchester. nolan could have subbed him and nobody would have known unless the replacement made an impact. smith did more for me with limited game time. :lol:

19 hours ago, liampie said:

really? he gave the ball a way a lot of the time he had it and as @Chris he barely looked interested.

the shot that was blocked look goal bound but that is my only positive memory of him doing the game against colchester. nolan could have subbed him and nobody would have known unless the replacement made an impact. smith did more for me with limited game time. :lol:

By off the ball I meant closing down CUFC when they were in possession.

Adam's got six games to re-find some form, I would hope he does but I suspect my opinion now will go unchanged. He needs to be more lively, its the only way I see him earning a contract renewal.

3 hours ago, ivansneck said:

By off the ball I meant closing down CUFC when they were in possession.

He never closed them down once, he always stood still and barely moved.

44 minutes ago, Chris said:

Adam's got six games to re-find some form, I would hope he does but I suspect my opinion now will go unchanged. He needs to be more lively, its the only way I see him earning a contract renewal.

He never closed them down once, he always stood still and barely moved.

May I suggest you watch the video of the whole game again!!

2 minutes ago, ivansneck said:

I dropped my Magpie Player subscription so that's not possible, perhaps you could share screenshots of when he actively contributed to the game?

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

I dropped my Magpie Player subscription so that's not possible, perhaps you could share screenshots of when he actively contributed to the game?

I wish I had the time and technical expertise! I should stress that I'm talking about when CUFC were in posession. AC was poor when NCFC had the ball.

Just to remind you of @Elite_pie's view:

Campbell 6 – was ok today and can’t fault his effort, but still looks a squad player at best

6 hours ago, ivansneck said:

Agreed.  in the last 15 minutes Campbell must have won at least 4 tackles right in front of me (slightly Kop end of halfway line in the DP).  His effort and work rate stopped Colchester attacks at source.  If you didn't see that it's possibly because you didn't want to see it. To make my views clear, I hope we release Campbell at the end of the season, I gave him the lowest mark of all on Saturday, but I think allegations of him not putting in the effort are way off the mark.

Archived