Next Season

TheCalFoster

It made me sick and jealous to see Pompey celebrating on our pitch, that's our pitch and only we should be celebrating on it, it's a pride thing.. 

Fair play to Pompey, they deserve to go up and there fans were superb from start to finish and as much as the pride took a dent the scenes were brilliant.

Now onto my point, it made me so jealous, I want that to be us celebrating on our pitch or someone else's and there is no reason this can't be us next year, what KN has done with a very limited squad has been nothing short of fantastic, I'm very interested and hopeful to see what he can do with his own team in a full season.

I'm well aware we won't be getting rid of as much of this squad as everyone thinks (the sooner some of our fans realise this the better), the core of a promotion candidate is there, we just need two more cb, a lb and competition for places in midfield, two more wingers to add competition although I do have a feeling Campbell will be kept and if thats the case only 1 more wingers will be needed and I'm assuming Yeates would be kept as he should be starting every game, two strikers one in the same stature of Ameobi to hold the ball up for when he's not there and someone who's different to Stead and Ameobi, a poacher/quick striker.. 

In terms of competition well I don't fear any of the teams coming down, 3 of the biggest teams have now left the league we should open the door for us to shoot up the league. Luton could also disappear into league 1 which would be brilliant for our promotion chances.

Here's to hoping it's our year next year..

I hope that Campbell isn't kept as there will be far better out there and available. I can also see Stead leaving and maybe Forte, even though he is still under contract. The squad will probably be no bigger than 22 players including first year pros, so whatever signings we do make, they will have to be quality players and not just a shirt number. Two players out of contract definitely worth keeping are Milsom and Ameobi, along with maybe Audel and Hewitt for their versatility.

Grant would be a fantastic signing, but I think he will be playing at a higher standard next season with someone else, but he is the kind of player that we should be looking to bring in, a young, hungry player with ability. We need to bring the average age of our squad down as we have too many around the 30 years plus age group.

The only other position I would add to your list is a new keeper. Loach will be released and I have no confidence in Collin, we need a keeper who can actually organise his defence and who can also catch a ball!

Looking at the table we're not actually that far off from being a promotion team as things stand. We're 11 points off the play-offs despite a club-record run of defeats mid season! In our other 33 matches we have picked up an average of 1.6 points per game, more than enough to secure a play-off spot...

@DangerousSausage The dramatic turn around in our fortunes has been on the backbone of the loan signings. Nolan does need to stand back and tell Dicko and Forte to look elsewhere to further careers. My real fear is that the young professionals will get released. I hope Wildin is recalled and gets a chance at Right Back before this season is out

This is one of the hardest things that Notts have to rectify. Every year we take on three, or four apprentices and release them after the season. I would like to see us offer all first year pros a 2 year contract to at least them half a chance to get into the first team, but I suppose finances dictate.

Usually you experience crap to fall on better times, so I think it was just a sign of better things to come our way. 2017 has seemed a massive turn around and the focus seems firmly on improving the clubs fortunes. I hope we can get the recruitment spot on, thin down the squad and sign in quality that makes the difference.

Hopefully we can rid the squad of the players who haven't stepped up.

Along with people who can truly play in other positions, if we aim to do a Portsmouth and keep the squad numbers down. Then we need people who can settle and play comfortably wherever they are required. Not force others to go out of position, it's all about depth and we need to get it right next term.

Archived