past non league signings

liampie

do you have a favourite that notts have made which comes from the non league? the arrival of terry hawkridge has me thinking.

we signed andre boucaud from a non league club right? i think he would be mine.

Good: Craig Westcarr, Craig Short, Dave Regis, Dave Harding, Ben Davies, Neal Bishop. My favourite there would be Neal Bishop - he didn'T join straight from non-league but he had spent most of his career there.

Bad: Steve Scoffham, Sean Canham, Justin Jackson. Free-scoring strikers who probably cost very little but failed to make the step up.

@DangerousSausage Don't you mean Paul Harding? He was my favourite and along with Dave Regis,  we took them out of non league to play in a 2nd tier side.

I would also add Chris Short to your list, the best game I remember him having was to put a certain Ryan Giggs in his pocket for most of the game and getting him subbed in the second half.

I always wanted non league players to prove everyone wrong and that they deserved to play league football, but unfortunately few did.

Craig Westcarr came to us from the Non-League?

This question honestly throws me... I really will have to think, but was Luton Town Non-League when we signed him? I also thought we signed him from York City. Funny how things become muddled with time.

Craig Westcarr joined us from Kettering @Chris, where he made over 100 appearances. He'd played in the League before that, but then so did the new signing and he's "non-league".

The thing that gets my goat is that players who join us from lower divisions are branded "non-league" as if it's a kind of disease. But if they succeed it's quietly dropped. Look at the two lists I posted above - does anyone think of any of the players in the top list as non-leaguers now?

Who remembers Sean Newton the last player we signed from Lincoln? 

A player removed from my memory until now! He was woeful and I hope this bloke is 10 times better than he was!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived